Groups

Pool Rule help please

If the black is potted on break does that count as a win?

Because i was playing pool in the common room today, broke and potted the black.

Win or Lose? There we some disputes about this today. haha

34 Comments

Its a win, well done

Used to be in my old pub! but different areas different rule, but i would say yes, but it spoils the game though!

Lose..

I thought it was lose....potted the black before it was meant to be potted :?

its a lose if another ball was potted BUT if was only ball potted its a win

I always thought it was a definate lose....

Original Poster

lil_tiger;6520243

I thought it was lose....potted the black before it was meant to be … I thought it was lose....potted the black before it was meant to be potted :?

Well thats what i thought but then black off break is like near impossible to do unless you get some mad spin which makes it pretty cool, i was thinking it should be a win (obviously)

jamstaruk1972;6520260

its a lose if another ball was potted BUT if was only ball potted its a … its a lose if another ball was potted BUT if was only ball potted its a win

Actually that sounds pretty probable. Ignore me !

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;6520260

its a lose if another ball was potted BUT if was only ball potted its a … its a lose if another ball was potted BUT if was only ball potted its a win

it was just the black

lil_tiger;6520243

I thought it was lose....potted the black before it was meant to be … I thought it was lose....potted the black before it was meant to be potted :?

That's what I'd have said too. But I don't get out much.

However, if you're playing 9 ball and pot the 9 off the break (assuming you hit the 1 first) then that's definitely a win.

Original Poster

Evil_monkey;6520278

That's what I'd have said too. But I don't get out much.However, if … That's what I'd have said too. But I don't get out much.However, if you're playing 9 ball and pot the 9 off the break (assuming you hit the 1 first) then that's definitely a win.

Yeah thats the same throughout the game though in 9-ball but 8-balls different - cant pot the black until the end.?

win win win

when i was a lad it was classed as a win, but as stated previous different areas different rules, i believe this rule comes from american 9 ball game where you can win the game by potting the 8 ball with a canon shot. rules should be stated before the match started, but personally i would class it as a win, well done

Bet you couldn't do it again though!

Original Poster

solarforce;6520291

when i was a lad it was classed as a win, but as stated previous … when i was a lad it was classed as a win, but as stated previous different areas different rules, i believe this rule comes from american 9 ball game where you can win the game by potting the 8 ball with a canon shot. rules should be stated before the match started, but personally i would class it as a win, well done

Yeah i took pride in classing that as a win haha. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Evil_monkey;6520299

Bet you couldn't do it again though!

i know it would never happen again.

scott1295;6520277

it was just the black

was a win then and no mean feat well done:thumbsup:

It's a loss. You don't pot the black until after you've potted all of your spots/stripes.

And this is how fights in pubs start...................

Original Poster

Evil_monkey;6520323

And this is how fights in pubs start...................

I know theres a nice little argument starting up. haha.

scott1295;6520332

I know theres a nice little argument starting up. haha.

No there isn't.:-D

youtube.com/wat…pSM

Banned

Definately a win - well done!!!:-D

i would have said loose

Original Poster

Evil_monkey;6520345

No there isn't.:-Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

i lol'd :w00t: repped.

according to the official rules:

"
    [LIST=1]
    [*]If the Eight-Ball is potted on any break, the balls are re-racked and the same player will break again. When the Eight-Ball is potted on the break, all other aspects of the shot are ignored. (Except if a Serious Foul or breech of the "Spirit of the Game occurs)"[/LIST]

Lose i think

http://elitechoice.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/balmoral-pool-table.jpg

we play re rake.
    you don't win or lose
    You just have 2 pay 4 another game!!!

Original Poster

hypnoticstate;6520399

Official rules...http://www.epa.org.uk/wrules.php

Thank you, that sounds about good.

The decision is neutral balls get re-racked and then the same person breaks again. :thumbsup:

DJC31;6520476

we play re rake.you don't win or loseYou just have 2 pay 4 another game!!!

I hope you make whoever potted it pay. :thumbsup:
    financial loss :-D

stand your ground, you win, if the other player disagrees hit him with your cue until he agrees, always works for me.:thumbsup:

only joking, violence is wrong

solarforce;6520499

stand your ground, you win, if the other player disagrees hit him with … stand your ground, you win, if the other player disagrees hit him with your cue until he agrees, always works for me.:thumbsup:only joking, violence is wrong

U mean only joking, I never potted the black from a break off shot :-D

The league (pub) i used to play in it was........

a re-rack

jon1000jon;6520632

U mean only joking, I never potted the black from a break off shot :-D

?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions