Groups

Poole Greyhound Stadium - Any good?

I got a cheap weekend away near poole, and saw that they have a greyhound course. I have never been, or my gf so thought it would be good.

Has anyone been there? Is it any good?

Its £5 to get in and that includes a race card, or its £15 for three course meal and admission to the stadium and racecard.

Would the food be any good?

Is dog racing actually any fun? Only ever put the odd bet on at the bookies when putting football bets on.

12 Comments

I've been to greyhound racing in Manchester and it's a good night out when there are a group of you. The food was on a par with maybe a Weatherspoons.

6-Pack Party Deal
    Prices valid until 28th February 2010

Includes: Entrance and Racecard,
    2 Drinks, Snack bar meal,
    £1 Jackpot bet,
    Return admission for up to 4 guests.
    Tuesday
    £8.00
    Friday
    £9.00
    Saturday
    £10.00

Minimum of 6 people – Must be paid in advance of the evening.

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;7736838

6-Pack Party DealPrices valid until 28th February 2010Includes: Entrance … 6-Pack Party DealPrices valid until 28th February 2010Includes: Entrance and Racecard,2 Drinks, Snack bar meal, £1 Jackpot bet, Return admission for up to 4 guests. Tuesday£8.00 Friday£9.00 Saturday£10.00 Minimum of 6 people – Must be paid in advance of the evening.

Yea i saw that, looks good but is a minimum of 2 people. Only me and my missus going.

My friend at work has been there a number of times and done the £15 food thing. All enclosed over looking the track. Him and his gf seem to like it.

Original Poster

diamondnine;7738261

My friend at work has been there a number of times and done the £15 food … My friend at work has been there a number of times and done the £15 food thing. All enclosed over looking the track. Him and his gf seem to like it.

Thanks for that

Original Poster

Do you think 2for1dogs.com/ is a proper deal?

2 for 1 Trackside Deal: Admission, Racecard, Hot Dog, Pint of Carling - Normal Price: £5 per person, NOW 2 people for £5.00 (£2.50 each). Available in multiples of 2 people.

Thats a amazing deal if its for real.

It can be great fun, I live close by & been on many a boozy evening there

getting the meal there puts you up 1 floor above the normal crowds, each table also has a mini tv showing the races. You also have a person who will come to your table to take bets each race.

With your bets you often get better odds with the totes stood about the place than the stadiums own. Food is ok imo. The basket meal deal is ok also, but often has queues, but you queue right next to a bar so not all bad

I think most nights have 12-20 races

Any other questions I will log bk in this evening & reply

Original Poster

id3als;7738729

It can be great fun, I live close by & been on many a boozy evening … It can be great fun, I live close by & been on many a boozy evening theregetting the meal there puts you up 1 floor above the normal crowds, each table also has a mini tv showing the races. You also have a person who will come to your table to take bets each race.With your bets you often get better odds with the totes stood about the place than the stadiums own. Food is ok imo. The basket meal deal is ok also, but often has queues, but you queue right next to a bar so not all badI think most nights have 12-20 racesAny other questions I will log bk in this evening & reply

Would you say the £5 enter deal is better,

or the £15 deal?

Unless that pint, hot dog and admission for £5 is genuine as that is a excellent deal.

Im not sure if i would rather be up in the restuarant or down with the normal crowds.

What is the basket meal deal?

The £10 deal (saturday) is more social, mixing in with the crowds of people & you can get right up close to the track, also outside along side it

The £15 deal is very good if you want to be away from the main crowds of people.

The basket meal is pretty much a burger bar type thing, you can grab burger or hot dog & chips. Add your 2 free beers and £1 tote bet, makes it a great deal as turning up it would cost you £5 just to go in

If you happen to be down there on a Wednesday the have speed dirt bike racing (type thing) on the track. Poole Pirates are one of the top teams in the UK won last year I think.

The building is quite long and plenty of places away from the crowds to stand about & watch etc. 2 bars to pick from at different ends

yeh i used to go regular when i worked down there. speedway is good aswell. im not a gambling person, but betting on the dogs is more fun IMO.

Original Poster

I had a email back from them

2 for 1 Trackside Deal: Admission, Racecard, Hot Dog, Pint of Carling - Normal Price: £5 per person, NOW 2 people for £5.00 (£2.50 each). Available in multiples of 2 people.

That deal is proper.

Just going to do that, sounds great value. More money to waste on the dogs!!

OP, dont bother. from what ive heard its gone to the dogs:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944491
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      3. Spotify Family Premium share715
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions