Poor Game.co.uk Customer Service

Found 22nd Dec 2017
Hi Guys,

Anyone else having problems with Game.co.uk customer service?

I ordered a PSVR on 20th Nov, 2 days later (yep, next day delivery was missed!) a DPD package was delivered but no PSVR inside

I immediately followed up with customer services who opened an investigation with DPD. 2 weeks ago they admitted either it wasn't packed properly or was stolen but I would get a refund.

i asked them to send me a new one, but they said a I ordered the V1 they couldn't send the V2 version of unit! LAME

Am still waiting for the refund, and keep being told a variety of excuses, it takes 3-5 days to process bla bla, our payments system is down bla bla.

Typically I would have got my credit card company involved, but stupidly I ordered it using Game Credit, so have no leverage to get this resolved.

There doesn't seem to be any managers at their end that can escalate my case.
Am starting to wonder why the delay (I hope they don't go into administration and I lose my money).

Any tips to get this resolved?

By the way I have no issue with Game stores, the folks in store are usually very helpful, next time, I will only use credit in store for items!
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I think they are probably investigating it . They don’t just turn around to people and give them the money back right away. Would you if it was your business or would you dig deeper? If they did just give refunds willy nilly then yes you are right they would go into administration. I would be patient whilst they investigate
sasultrasonic5 m ago

I think they are probably investigating it . They don’t just turn around t …I think they are probably investigating it . They don’t just turn around to people and give them the money back right away. Would you if it was your business or would you dig deeper? If they did just give refunds willy nilly then yes you are right they would go into administration. I would be patient whilst they investigate

I think a month is long enough to wait,they have been patient.

You could try emailing the CEO here martyn.gibbs@game.co.uk

Sometimes you have to just play the waiting game as frustrating as it is. You can always try posting messages on their social media (companies don’t like bad publicity don’t forget to say its now a formal complaint- as daft as it sounds a lot of companies don’t treat things as complaints till you tell them its one - you’ve waited quite a while already they should have a complaints resolution system in place. Good luck.
deleted1416210
Funny you should wonder about the administration thing, I had said the same thing to my husband after he received poor customer service from GAME... It makes no sense to treat customers so bad unless you don't care if you loose them.
Hubby bought an Xbox live credit online using his gift card, the transaction went into an error screen and crashed, he reloaded and the same thing happened...result, they took the money twice, and sent no Xbox credit.
He has dealt with numerous people, one of whom admitted the same thing happened to other people too, they have given loads of reasons for delay with dealing with it... Black Friday etc... Keep saying will get back to you in 72 hours, each time he asks what's being done. He is going through going through the complaints procedure now with Resolve but I have a feeling that GAME might be on the brink of collapse..... You only need to look in their stores to see what a mess they are in....lol
Having a similar issue, I ordered a Xbox one and I missed the delivery twice so it went back to game. Even the tracking number says it hasn’t been delivered and has been sent back to game. They still won’t refund me. They have said they are investigating and need a reply from dpd as they haven’t received it back. This was first week of December. Whole thing is a joke I’m going to submit a credit card claim soon. As you said they won’t let you speak to managers, they don’t give any references.
true, but how long do I let them have to investigate it?
luketelfer48 m ago

Having a similar issue, I ordered a Xbox one and I missed the delivery …Having a similar issue, I ordered a Xbox one and I missed the delivery twice so it went back to game. Even the tracking number says it hasn’t been delivered and has been sent back to game. They still won’t refund me. They have said they are investigating and need a reply from dpd as they haven’t received it back. This was first week of December. Whole thing is a joke I’m going to submit a credit card claim soon. As you said they won’t let you speak to managers, they don’t give any references.

yep, it seems like DPD might be the road block, but they seem to keep openign my case with them, rather than takign responsibility.
This time they said 48hours for a reply from dpd. Which will go over Christmas I guess I’m going to give them until late next week then I guess il have to do a credit card claim Iv never done one before.
sasultrasonic2 h, 9 m ago

I think they are probably investigating it . They don’t just turn around t …I think they are probably investigating it . They don’t just turn around to people and give them the money back right away. Would you if it was your business or would you dig deeper? If they did just give refunds willy nilly then yes you are right they would go into administration. I would be patient whilst they investigate

Yes, but it doesn't take over a month to investigate, from a customer service perspective this is bad.
luketelfer36 m ago

This time they said 48hours for a reply from dpd. Which will go over …This time they said 48hours for a reply from dpd. Which will go over Christmas I guess I’m going to give them until late next week then I guess il have to do a credit card claim Iv never done one before.

Thats not good enough, thats a high value item and should have procedures in place to track this and resolve the matter quickly.
I know I got so angry in the phone with the person. Last week they told me they would send it back out to me and that never happened. Now I’m just trying to get a refund. It’s not my problem if they haven’t received the item back it was never in my
possession but they don’t seem to care about this how can I be a fault. I’m just reading up now how to do a credit card claim.
so i just got a parial refund for £200.01, now I have to go and buy a new v2 PSVR from them for £299.99.

Thye suck! and yes I will keep complaining!
oh and the psvr units are all sold out on their site let's hope I have more luck in store!
luvadealme29 m ago

so i just got a parial refund for £200.01, now I have to go and buy a new …so i just got a parial refund for £200.01, now I have to go and buy a new v2 PSVR from them for £299.99.Thye suck! and yes I will keep complaining!

Why only partial?
I just got an email saying the will refund em and will take up to 7 days only took 3 weeks
luketelfer1 h, 14 m ago

Why only partial?

i purchased the PSVR with skyrim and move controllers bundle for £299.99 - the receipt breaks down each part and assigns £200.01 for the PSVR part.

It just cost me £299.99 to buy the PSVR (v2) with Skyrim in store ... traded Skyrim back immediately for £25 credit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants