Poor Yoshi...

Found 30th Sep 2017Edited by:"F.D."
It has now been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that, yes, Mario was originally punching Yoshi in the back of his head.

2803517.jpg

Among Nintendo fans, there has been dispute as to whether Mario was telling Yoshi to get something or smacking the character in the head. According to Nintendo, Mario was originally punching Yoshi, causing the character’s tongue to shoot out in surprise.

For example, a few years back website Supper Mario Broth tried to disprove the Mario-is-punching-Yoshi theory with the images below, explaining that “Yoshi contorts his face before Mario’s hand overlaps his head” and that “official art suggests Mario is simply pointing forward to show Yoshi what to lick.”

According to Tezuka, Shigeru Miyamoto said he wanted Mario to ride a horse. “I think he likes horses,” Tezuka added. “When we were making [Super Mario Bros. 3], he drew a picture of Mario riding a horse and had put it up on wall next to where he sits. When I saw that, I thought, ‘I guess he wants Mario to ride something.’ So, when we were making Super Mario World, we had this ‘dinosaur land’ concept, and I had Hino draw reptile type art.”

[Kotaku article]
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Banned
Wonder if Black lives Matter, PETA, Snowflakes, Social Justice Warriors will be staging a protest, blocking a runway or threatening people.
Donkey punch?
Come on no need to stoke it !
Japan ¯\_(._.)_/¯
Graham197934 m ago

Wonder if Black lives Matter, PETA, Snowflakes, Social Justice Warriors …Wonder if Black lives Matter, PETA, Snowflakes, Social Justice Warriors will be staging a protest, blocking a runway or threatening people.

Please don't put ideas in their heads!
Mario has been convicted in the past for various cases of animal abuse, I’m personally not surprised if this news...

32140797-7rqKh.jpg
Graham197912 h, 10 m ago

Wonder if Black lives Matter, PETA, Snowflakes, Social Justice Warriors …Wonder if Black lives Matter, PETA, Snowflakes, Social Justice Warriors will be staging a protest, blocking a runway or threatening people.

Pussy hats at the ready
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions