Poppy Appeal Collectors - Now ready to go

I want to do this in the build up to rememberance day, cant do many hours because of work though.

Has any body done this before, what was the experience?

How do i go about it?

Thanks

31 Comments

Always buy poppies each year Make sure the kids have them too. It's their history and their heritage. I can just imagine what their Grandad would say if I didn't if he was still with us xx

Love the wreaths... very pretty.

Good luck with the volunteer work x

Original Poster

deek72;6681719

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/support-us/volunteers/find-out-more

Thanks deek

SO anyone had any experience or want to do it this year?

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6681722

Always buy poppies each year Make sure the kids have them too. It's … Always buy poppies each year Make sure the kids have them too. It's their history and their heritage. I can just imagine what their Grandad would say if I didn't if he was still with us xxLove the wreaths... very pretty.Good luck with the volunteer work x

I always empty some change when i see when i can.

Its a good cause but you see so many people just walking buy not even noticing, thats what makes me want to collect as there is no getting away from me :whistling:

Anyone can volunteer to become a Poppy Person, no matter how old or young you are, or how much time you have spare - we are grateful for whatever you can give.

Ha, just found this, guess my little bros will be doing it too :-D

Starr;6681752

thats what makes me want to collect as there is no getting away from me … thats what makes me want to collect as there is no getting away from me :whistling:

Go Starry, go Starry!!:thumbsup:

Let us know if you do it. I'll send a little your way via PPG

Starr;6681752

I always empty some change when i see when i can.Its a good cause but you … I always empty some change when i see when i can.Its a good cause but you see so many people just walking buy not even noticing, thats what makes me want to collect as there is no getting away from me :whistling:Anyone can volunteer to become a Poppy Person, no matter how old or young you are, or how much time you have spare - we are grateful for whatever you can give. Ha, just found this, guess my little bros will be doing it too :-D

Slave driver lol!

Good on you babe :thumbsup:

Rep comin your way

Original Poster

deek72;6681759

Go Starry, go Starry!!:thumbsup:Let us know if you do it. I'll send a … Go Starry, go Starry!!:thumbsup:Let us know if you do it. I'll send a little your way via PPG

Ahh thanks deek. i will do it, ive always wanted to do it since my dad told me how imprtant it was all those years ago.

ClarityofMind;6681781

Slave driver lol!Good on you babe :thumbsup:

Too right, im sure they've got a few hours spare inbetween their hectic lives of school/college and xbox.

One of thim is in the cadets so to be fair he will prob be doing something anyways.

He marched round Harrow town centre last year, very proud of him :oops:

Repped for being a decent bloke. :-D

NO DONT DO IT
I started doing it as a favour years ago and now i cant seem to get rid of the job. Dont get me wrong i dont mind helping but i feel guilty now if i say no and i just dont have the time to go around

Starr;6681809

Ahh thanks deek. i will do it, ive always wanted to do it since my dad … Ahh thanks deek. i will do it, ive always wanted to do it since my dad told me how imprtant it was all those years ago. Too right, im sure they've got a few hours spare inbetween their hectic lives of school/college and xbox.One of thim is in the cadets so to be fair he will prob be doing something anyways.He marched round Harrow town centre last year, very proud of him :oops:

Awww bless him for doing it and you for being proud of him xxx

Syzable;6681834

Aawww, you shouldn't have...:oops:

Oh. You didn't. :oops:

Original Poster

Syzable;6681834

Thanks Sy

miffy121;6681845

NO DONT DO ITI started doing it as a favour years ago and now i cant seem … NO DONT DO ITI started doing it as a favour years ago and now i cant seem to get rid of the job. Dont get me wrong i dont mind helping but i feel guilty now if i say no and i just dont have the time to go around

Its not a job though, i see what you are saying though. Hard to say no afterwards, but you cant blame them, last year i hardly saw anyone collecting, they need the help.

Once someone has gone for it its easier to keep asking them than to get new blood

ClarityofMind;6681849

Awww bless him for doing it and you for being proud of him xxx

i need to check and see if he is doing anything this year actually

Original Poster

Well have emailed them and nothing back yet, just remembered its sunday so hopefully get something tmrw.

Still looking for peoples experience

Original Poster

Right given up on the email idea.

Noticed a British Legion on way to work so just popped in there and got my poppies and collection box and now im ready to go :):):):)

hi i have also just sent an email as i only work 3 days a week so this seems like a nice thing to do

also what happens when you call in cause i might do that as theres one not far from me?

Original Poster

mono2k6;6693882

hi i have also just sent an email as i only work 3 days a week so this … hi i have also just sent an email as i only work 3 days a week so this seems like a nice thing to do

mono2k6;6694017

also what happens when you call in cause i might do that as theres one … also what happens when you call in cause i might do that as theres one not far from me?

Ive had email responce now havent opened them yet.

Just walk in to the bar and ask to speak to someone about being a poppy apeal collector.

They'll take you into a next room where all the poppies are and someone will take down your details thank you a lot and give you the blue box of poppies and a red colection box.

You walk out of there after more thanks and smiles and feel pretty damn good about yourself

Starr;6694780

Ive had email responce now havent opened them yet.Just walk in to the bar … Ive had email responce now havent opened them yet.Just walk in to the bar and ask to speak to someone about being a poppy apeal collector.They'll take you into a next room where all the poppies are and someone will take down your details thank you a lot and give you the blue box of poppies and a red colection box.You walk out of there after more thanks and smiles and feel pretty damn good about yourself

Do you not have to then go back??? :w00t:

I can see you now............poppy box in one hand, big issue in the other whilst clanging cymbals in your thighs and playing trumpet out your ass.

Busy times. ;-)

Syzable;6694804

Do you not have to then go back??? :w00t:I can see you … Do you not have to then go back??? :w00t:I can see you now............poppy box in one hand, big issue in the other whilst clanging cymbals in your thighs and playing trumpet out your ass. Busy times. ;-)

That was a trumpet??? Whew!! I thought he'd been getting friendly with a large elephant you know how the pumping fills you with air when its collecting water to drink.... lol :whistling:

i sent the email about 10 mins before i posted on here so i havent heard anything yet but i think im just going to call in tomorrow afternoon theres a brach near me that i didnt know was there. did they say anything about were to collect or is it up to you?

Banned

Well the guy at work has been delivering them already. When you see people walking by don't you think they might have already donated? I put money in but don't take a poppy as it costs them money to make a poppy. I don't need to let everyone else know that i.ve donated. By the way i put £15 in a money bucket of help for heros

Original Poster

mono2k6;6695244

i sent the email about 10 mins before i posted on here so i havent heard … i sent the email about 10 mins before i posted on here so i havent heard anything yet but i think im just going to call in tomorrow afternoon theres a brach near me that i didnt know was there. did they say anything about were to collect or is it up to you?

Its up to you, they dont care what you do they just want you to come back when it is full.

They will honestly answer all your questions.

I was just told to collect as much or as little as i want, everytime its full just head back.

Starr;6695376

Its up to you, they dont care what you do they just want you to come back … Its up to you, they dont care what you do they just want you to come back when it is full.They will honestly answer all your questions.I was just told to collect as much or as little as i want, everytime its full just head back.

sounds good i will pop down tomorrow :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Syzable;6694804

Do you not have to then go back??? :w00t:I can see you … Do you not have to then go back??? :w00t:I can see you now............poppy box in one hand, big issue in the other whilst clanging cymbals in your thighs and playing trumpet out your ass. Busy times. ;-)

I was thinking that, they trust too much. Someone could of given them a contact number and collect and keep the donations.

You would have to be pretty low to do that but i bet someone would stoop that low.

lumoruk;6695372

Well the guy at work has been delivering them already. When you see … Well the guy at work has been delivering them already. When you see people walking by don't you think they might have already donated? I put money in but don't take a poppy as it costs them money to make a poppy. I don't need to let everyone else know that i.ve donated. By the way i put £15 in a money bucket of help for heros

Im not gonna be forcing anyone to donate :thinking:

Still i donate most times i see one if i have some change, 50p/£1 here and there over the next month, not exactly gonna notice it

Starr;6695421

I was thinking that, they trust too much. Someone could of given them a … I was thinking that, they trust too much. Someone could of given them a contact number and collect and keep the donations.You would have to be pretty low to do that but i bet someone would stoop that low.

I know............but there are some scum out there. :x

My mum got burgled a couple of months ago and she collects for our local Boxer (dog) Trust and they stole the money tin. :x

Well i have had the box now a few days but havent had chance to go delivering any yet which is why i would like to give it up really. If i leave it too near the weekend then people think it is trick or treaters and then i had a dodgy call one night to a man who didnt believe in supporting this

Original Poster

Right off out for first time now, from 2 - 3

Lets see how many people want to give today

Banned

Starr;6714643

Right off out for first time now, from 2 - 3 Lets see how many people … Right off out for first time now, from 2 - 3 Lets see how many people want to give today

I've already put in £1 so don't expect any off me, I didn't take a poppy.

Original Poster

lumoruk;6714864

I've already put in £1 so don't expect any off me, I didn't take a poppy.

Excellent :thumbsup:

I wont expect anything from anyone :whistling:

Going at 3 now :x

Original Poster

Right im back, that was fun

Did it for about 45 mins, had about 20 people donate i think.

Every other person either said, you're a lot younger than i normally see or I've been wanting a poppy haven't seen anyone so far

I went off tonight. I got a couple of comments saying im very good to be doing this job (im in my 30's) and a few comments to say oh no ive already got mine but other than that not a bad round. Trouble is when you know most the people and stop for a drink/chat it means you could be doing it everynight just to get round
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions