Groups

Popular World War II Music

For my Drama performance, I need to come up with a soundtrack relevant to T"he Second World War II" (Simpsons quote there hehe), and was wondering what the most popular songs were at the time. I am preferably looking for instrumental, orchestral songs, but would also be grateful for very popular songs that had lyrics.

Here is the list of some of the songs we are considering so far:
    Andrews Sisters - Boogie Woogie, Bugle Boy
    Benny Goodman - Sing, Sing, Sing
    Glen Miller - In The Mood
    Glen Miller - Moonlight Serenade
    Glen Miller - Pensylvania 6-500
    Louis Alter - Manhattan Serenade
    David Rose - The Stripper (which although was not around during the time period, it's the same style that we're looking for)

I will give rep to any relevant recommendations, but please be very specific, as there are a lot of songs of that era and I only want to include the more popular ones, thanks!

4 Comments

(There'll Be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover
    We'll Meet Again

both Vera Lynn

try contacting a re-enactment group, theres plenty on the net, im sure they will help you out. do not contact any german re-enactors as i have found them not so helpful

try this website as a starter and then have a listen on itunes or other music site
    nfo.net/usa…tml
    n

Banned

songs that got us through ww2 , amazon : )
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2838
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523454
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …235745
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30404

See more discussions