EXPIRED

Pork steak recipe?!

I got some pork steaks from the butcher but I'm not sure what to do with them!! They're always a bit boring and tough when you grill them, and I don't have a slow cooker so can't make a stew etc.
Anyone got any ideas what I can make?! I don't have onions etc, but I do have garlic, tinned toms, olive oil, gravy, honey, every type of herb and spice imaginable and vegetables (carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn, mange tout and peas)!

25 Comments

Banned

you can make a stew in an oven you know lol

Original Poster

csiman

you can make a stew in an oven you know lol

I mean I don't have a pot to put it in the oven.

Banned

make a stew via a saucepan

Fry slowly with apples and onions or casserole with the same

Half expected this to be a dodgy site but it's ok, not too sure about having a picture of the animal on a recipe site though.

http://www.lovepork.co.uk/

Piquant pork looks good, no onions (can't have pork without onions though IMO)
Edited by: "greg_68" 14th Aug 2010

greg_68

Half expected this to be a dodgy site but it's ok, not too sure about … Half expected this to be a dodgy site but it's ok, not too sure about having a picture of the animal on a recipe site though.http://www.lovepork.co.uk/

hmmm pork(in a homer accent)

i love pork cheers for link

Original Poster

boothy

Fry slowly with apples and onions or casserole with the same

Hmmm... No onions, but I do have apples and also some cider from a local producer back home... could do that! Good idea, thanks!

I sometimes grill the pork and then smother a generous amount of apple sauce on top then covered with grated cheese and put back under the grill until cheese is melted/golden and serve with pasta and salad

Original Poster

I've decided on a sticky Chinese sauce.. bit of honey, soy sauce, chilli, ginger, garlic, 5 spice... Tasty!

sounds good

pan fry in 50/50 oil and butter.... don't season and serve with veg roast pots Yorkshire puds and gravy.
"enjoy"

royace28

pan fry in 50/50 oil and butter.... don't season and serve with veg … pan fry in 50/50 oil and butter.... don't season and serve with veg roast pots Yorkshire puds and gravy."enjoy"

They may not be edible at this stage ?
Edited by: "Wongy110" 20th Nov 2016

thewongwing101

They may not be edible be edible at this stage ?

Might of put them in the slow cooker?

haritori

Might of put them in the slow cooker?

My mum used to do this
allrecipes.com/rec…ke/

thewongwing101

My mum used to do this … My mum used to do this :Dhttp://allrecipes.com/recipe/14725/elegant-lemon-pork-chop-bake/

Nice, I like to slow cook brisket with root veg and mash potatoes.

haritori

Nice, I like to slow cook brisket with root veg and mash potatoes.

Yeah I have started doing that now crisp it up in the oven at the end ?

Wouldn't like to cook them now after 6 years, they will be tough as old boots X)

Always seems like a waste of pork not to make it into sausages, bacon or ham. It's never nice as plain meat.

moneysavingkitten

Always seems like a waste of pork not to make it into sausages, bacon or … Always seems like a waste of pork not to make it into sausages, bacon or ham. It's never nice as plain meat.

Not fresh out the oven surely ?
agree never very nice reheated or cold only a stir fry really works

A nice pork chop is good though, crisp the fat up.

thewongwing101

They may not be edible at this stage ?

​don't understand mate?

Best stick we with salmon op, oh wait that confuses you too

no sorry... don't understand your reply? " they may not be edible at that stage" care to explain big man

royace28

no sorry... don't understand your reply? " they may not be edible at … no sorry... don't understand your reply? " they may not be edible at that stage" care to explain big man

This thread is 6 years old. 6 year old pork is not edible.

pmsl.... then I will have a crocodile sandwich "and make it snappy"
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763985
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941301

See more discussions