Expired

Porridge! Made with boiling water in a cup?!

Found 22nd Oct 2014
I just tried this... Amazing!

My has easier access to boiling water than its microwave! So I tried making porridge with just boiling water today and it worked!

- Take a mug.
- Fill 2/3 with porridge oats
- Fill with water (just over the porridge) and stir fully.
- Put some sort of cover over the mug.
- Leave for a few minutes!

I'm probably going to take a lot of pressure from porridge naturalists! But I just thought I would let you guys know that this actually works- you don't need to buy those £1 little cups!

To make this officially a question.. Has anyone else tried it?!
Community Updates
AskPorridge
15 Comments
I do this in a Tupperware as the lid helps keep the heat in!

Yummier and healthier than the pre made ones too.
Thanks alot
gemsta83

I do this in a Tupperware as the lid helps keep the heat in! Yummier and … I do this in a Tupperware as the lid helps keep the heat in! Yummier and healthier than the pre made ones too.

I think I will use that method! The mug I used was just because I didn't think it would work!
I do this every morning although i use oatbran it works perfectly.
So you leave it until it stodges up?
I try to avoid using the Microwave and never would use it for porridge or buy microwave porridge .Aldi porridge is real nice and you heat it up on cooker but i try it your way.Thanks WesleyT
doritos

So you leave it until it stodges up?

Yeah.. Well.. I guess you could leave it as long as you like/ use more or less water?
Yeah, good idea. pre made ones are a rip off!
Amazing? Really? Here's another one...

- Take a mug.
- Fill 2/3 with baked beans (make sure you open the can first)
- No need to fill with water
- Put some sort of cover over the mug.
- Leave for a few minutes!

Wahey warmed up baked beans! You can even add some toast to the equation and I can instruct you how to do that as well if you like. Now there is no need to buy beans on toast from a cafe you CAN do it yourself.

Ipswich78 solving life's little problems one at a time.

xx
ipswich78

Amazing? Really? Here's another one...- Take a mug.- Fill 2/3 with baked … Amazing? Really? Here's another one...- Take a mug.- Fill 2/3 with baked beans (make sure you open the can first)- No need to fill with water- Put some sort of cover over the mug.- Leave for a few minutes!Wahey warmed up baked beans! You can even add some toast to the equation and I can instruct you how to do that as well if you like. Now there is no need to buy beans on toast from a cafe you CAN do it yourself.Ipswich78 solving life's little problems one at a time.xx

Here's another one just for you:

- Provide absolutely nothing of value to anyone, and cease to have any reason to exist.

Actually.. I think you already have that down!
WesleyT

Here's another one just for you:- Provide absolutely nothing of value to … Here's another one just for you:- Provide absolutely nothing of value to anyone, and cease to have any reason to exist.Actually.. I think you already have that down!

I learnt from the best...
Boiling water to make porridge?...............never in a million years. Come on, you kidding me right? It can't work surely. Porridge without a microwave? Nah, you're having me on!

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Sarcastic-Mr.-Bean-Margic-Quote-Gif-Snort-Snort.gif
Edited by: "NEtech" 22nd Oct 2014
Fab tip, will try it for sure.
Hang on. Boiling water to oats and leave it........makes porridge

I would never have guessed.
Oats with cinnamon and sugar. Really good.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants