Port number from Three SIM Only to Three Contract ?

Posted 2nd Jan
Hi
I've got a 3 SIM only contract which is used by my daughter.
She is looking at a new phone deal which is also with Three.

They won't let me upgrade the account I have to the new deal, so she will take out a new contract.

What is the best way for me to cancel my contract and port the number to her new account ? My SIM only is out of contact.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
Port out + port in; best to use an intermediary network that doesn't charge for any CS porting involvement. Don't forget any cashback opportunity via a new deal.
Is there a recommendation for a provider that does charge for porting ?
Thanks
deleted2424971
Try going through mobiles.co.uk.
They might be able to help.
TomT02/01/2020 20:06

Is there a recommendation for a provider that does charge for porting …Is there a recommendation for a provider that does charge for porting ?Thanks

Sorted my last one via ASDAmobile at zero charge in & out, and the ASDA sim was free online (or about 50p in-store) archive.is/eyxEm
Thanks I'll try and grab one from Asda tomorrow
Can you explain further re won’t let you upgrade the accoun
They advised the offer isn't available for exiting members only new accounts.
TomT02/01/2020 20:53

They advised the offer isn't available for exiting members only new …They advised the offer isn't available for exiting members only new accounts.

Ok in this case I suggest get a pac code wait 24hours and then retention team will call you and then your best to haggle there. Failing that and you still want that specific deal you will need to port the number to a different network. Wait 30 days and then port if back to the network of your choice. It’s a hassle I know
She's ordered the phone on a new contract.. so it looks like we're going down the port out and in again.
ndyanem02/01/2020 20:57

Failing that and you still want that specific deal you will need to port …Failing that and you still want that specific deal you will need to port the number to a different network. Wait 30 days and then port if back to the network of your choice. It’s a hassle I know

Wait 30 days? Certainly not. Request to port out on same day as port in.
AndyRoyd02/01/2020 21:02

Wait 30 days? Certainly not. Request to port out on same day as port in.

I work for 3 you can’t port out and port back in that quick
ndyanem02/01/2020 21:03

I work for 3 you can’t port out and port back in that quick

If your statement is literal you politely need some refresher training, or maybe you misinterpret meaning of word "request".
AndyRoyd02/01/2020 21:05

If your statement is literal you politely need some refresher training, or …If your statement is literal you politely need some refresher training, or maybe you misinterpret meaning of word "request".

I work for 3 and have done for 6 years. If you request to leave the network you can can’t re join the network on a quick turn around. The only way we can get around it in store is requesting a change of ownership on the account
ndyanem02/01/2020 21:07

I work for 3 and have done for 6 years. If you request to leave the …I work for 3 and have done for 6 years. If you request to leave the network you can can’t re join the network on a quick turn around. The only way we can get around it in store is requesting a change of ownership on the account

I have done this on the 3 network in three working days less than 4 months ago; no store attendance involved. The only issue was the 3 app on my handset became confused. Speak to your manager and request a training update because your suggested restrictive practices will not be acceptable to the regulator.
AndyRoyd02/01/2020 21:11

I have done this on the 3 network in three working days less than 4 months …I have done this on the 3 network in three working days less than 4 months ago; no store attendance involved. The only issue was the 3 app on my handset became confused. Speak to your manager and request a training update because your suggested restrictive practices will not be acceptable to the regulator.

I am one of the managers so it will have to go to area managers regional meetings to discuss and resolve until then I can’t support that information in store
ndyanem02/01/2020 21:13

I am one of the managers so it will have to go to area managers regional …I am one of the managers so it will have to go to area managers regional meetings to discuss and resolve until then I can’t support that information in store

Have to go to regional meetings to discuss? Bizarre. You are employed by a comms company. Use your employer's comms to communicate with your colleagues / support team to clarify porting option arrangements.
AndyRoyd02/01/2020 21:23

Have to go to regional meetings to discuss? Bizarre. You are employed by a …Have to go to regional meetings to discuss? Bizarre. You are employed by a comms company. Use your employer's comms to communicate with your colleagues / support team to clarify porting option arrangements.

Unless we have officially conformation of change we can’t actively promote it. So it has be on our intranet updates, emails or on the pos handout updates
ndyanem02/01/2020 21:25

Unless we have officially conformation of change we can’t actively promote …Unless we have officially conformation of change we can’t actively promote it. So it has be on our intranet updates, emails or on the pos handout updates

This was my successful MO, give or take a day or so because I think the port-in to the new 3 contract was effected on a Monday or Tuesday (requested on late Thurs or Friday or over w/e):
day -4: Order ASDAmobile SIM online
day -1: Order new 3 contract online (via cashback site)
day 1: Receive AM SIM
day 1: Receive new 3 contract hardware+SIM
day 1: Request PAC for existing 3 SIMO
day 1: Provide PAC to AM
day 2: Port in to AM successful.
day 2 or 3: Request PAC from AM.
day 2 or 3: Provide PAC to 3 via online form at three.co.uk/sup…est
day 3 or 4: Port in to new 3 contract successful.
AndyRoyd02/01/2020 21:37

This was my successful MO, give or take a day or so because I think the …This was my successful MO, give or take a day or so because I think the port-in to the new 3 contract was effected on a Monday or Tuesday (requested on late Thurs or Friday or over w/e):day -4: Order ASDAmobile SIM onlineday -1: Order new 3 contract online (via cashback site)day 1: Receive AM SIMday 1: Receive new 3 contract hardware+SIMday 1: Request PAC for existing 3 SIMOday 1: Provide PAC to AMday 2: Port in to AM successful.day 2 or 3: Request PAC from AM. day 2 or 3: Provide PAC to 3 via online form at https://www.three.co.uk/support/switching/switch-to-three/pac-requestday 3 or 4: Port in to new 3 contract successful.

I shall pass this I formation on in the morning
Quick update.
Requested PAC code on Sunday
Provided PAC to Asda on Monday
Ported from Three to Asda today (Tuesday)

Confirmed texts and calls are working correctly.
So do I port away tomorrow or wait 24 hours ?

Thanks
All sorted.
Got PAC from ASDA yesterday and submitted it to Three.
Numbers ported in today.
Thanks
Edited by: "TomT" 9th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions