Portable device for flight entertainment

Posted 21st Sep
I am wondering which is the best way to watch either a dvd or something streamed on a flight. Any suggestions please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Get a 3 pin power bank and take your TV and DVD player with you.
Ever heard of a phone
16 Comments
Ever heard of a phone
Seat back tv?
Laptop with optical drive for DVD, portable DVD player, tablet or iPad with something downloaded for offline use from Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, etc.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 21st Sep
Paperback
Have you never flown before to be asking that question? if not, have you enough battery power to cover you?
Get a 3 pin power bank and take your TV and DVD player with you.
Can everyone bed serious and give the person a real answer.......I’d take a Scalextric
Edited by: "DanSpaghetti" 21st Sep
Tablet. Netflix allows you to download programs/films to watch offline. Take some headphones.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Sep
deleted1410297
dvd u living in 2003 ?
Your request needs more details about what devices do you have available.

You may find surprising that you don't need buying a new fancy expensive device to suit your needs.
Examples: I still use a Nokia C5 (Symbian) + Nokia Bluetooth LD3W as a GPS tracker. or, my old ipod nano 6G clip. Of course, the snob slaves will disagree.
Either pick up a cheap rechargeable portable DVD player if you have a supply of dvds
Or get an amazon fire tablet, and either amazon prime or Netflix. You can download content to the tablet to watch offline- it does expire after so many days of being offline so sometimes you’ll need to hook it up to WiFi /tether to your phone to reactivate.
If you already have an iPad/iPhone you can use either Netflix or amazon video, or buy from iTunes but it’s not cheap.
If you don’t already have amazon prime, you can get Amazon video free through EE.
You’ll want earphones. If travelling with another you can get splitters so you can both listen. If it’s for kids you can get kids headphones that plug into each other.

I’d recommend getting a power bank for anything you use. And remember to put all devices and the power bank separate in the tray in security to save being held up.
Thanks guys I recon the Amazon fire tablet is best for my needs
Just get a window seat and appreciate the incredible beautiful earth we live on.
It's much better listening to podcasts on a plane. I recommend Johnny vaughns 4-7 thang, on radio x. not as good as live but still funny.

If you do take tablet just make sure it's charged at airport there and back, if you get a jobsworth you will get it confiscated if not.

Also make sure it's in a decent fold case, I wouldn't fancy holding it for the entire flight

It's bad enough getting a numb ass after 2 hours in.
Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 21st Sep
MonkeysUncle21/09/2019 23:28

Just get a window seat and appreciate the incredible beautiful earth we …Just get a window seat and appreciate the incredible beautiful earth we live on.

Might get a tad boring if flying to Australia or some such far flung place!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants