Found 26th Aug 2007
My brother's stuck in hospital for what's going to be a long time. He's paying around £3 - 3.50 a day for a TV card from Patient Line to watch TV on a tiny screen above his bed with rubbish headphones (does anyone else think these are an outstanding rip off btw?)

We don't have much money, but it'll be cheaper to buy me to get him a portable DVD player than to constantly fork out for TV Cards.

I missed out on a £13 bargain from Tesco Direct for a Technika DVD Player, so now I'm done kicking myself, can anyone give me any tips on where I can find a reasonable DVD player. Sales, vouchers, sneaky tricks and possible sale of my dignity are considered :-D

I've seen them around the £60 mark, but I'm sure I can get one cheaper. I'm not concerned about brand names or fancy features, just so long as it has a decent size screen and a headphone port.

1. Ask
  2. DVD
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. DVD
3 Comments

What about a pocket TV? These go for a few quid on eBay nowdyas.

Original Poster

Not really in the market for one of those, I'm specifically looking for a DVD player.

Banned

Homebase is the cheapest at first look

homebase.co.uk/web…662

However I have always found that a walk into the nearest Argos is worth a shot as they sometimes have some end of line clearance deals on.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October55
    2. Any PS4 News Here29313888
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2684
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247592

See more discussions