Portable Hard Drive Advice Please

Found 14th Dec 2017
I'm looking to buy a portable hard drive so I can back up all my music, videos and stuff.
I haven't got a clue about tech and need some advice.
Would the following be any good and is it a good price?

Seagate Backup Slim 2tb

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments
Hi it depends on how much data you got at the moment. If you have more the 1.5 tb of data go for bigger drive
We use a wd cloud, it allows us to access it from anywhere in the world which is great as it means the family in Australia can share large amounts of pictures without burning to a disc. You can easily access the cloud from any type of device from pc to tablet.
Yes. Drive will do.. Alternatively put all your music on Google music cloud service.. It's free. Or apple music. I put around 200 cds on there. I can pin them to device so I can play offline or stream (use data) what sort of videos? Home movies of films? Again I use the free online options however you might might not want that so your not new hard drive will work great. I have several 2tb drives that have not seen the light of day for over a year. Just don't need them.
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Dec 2017
Original Poster
Super. Thanks for all your advice.
2tb should be ample.
Good price to.. I paid £120+ for mine.. Nice little drive that..
Bigger is better, always!
One caution, the power draw of a USB3 drive can break the rules for the less powerful USB2 port - you may get away with it, or it may cause it to reject - in which case, maybe try a powered hub.
Toshiba Canvio 2 TB for £70 from Argos has been my best buy this year,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants