Portable, high-end laptop required

Posted 28th Dec 2019
Hi all, I’m looking for a high-end, portable laptop that can cope with fairly heavy data-processing.

I’ve been looking at:

HP Envy 13
Huawei Matebook X Pro
Dell XPS 13

Any favourable comments about either of these models? I used to have the Dell so am steering towards either of the top two but am unsure as to which one to go for - or indeed if there’s another laptop I’ve not yet considered.

Many thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Try this. techradar.com/uk/…574
Just purchased the Dell XPS 13 with i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB ram and 4k screen for £1250. Impressed especially coming from Apple MacBook Pro 13".
Windows 10 has come a long way from XP/Vista, and MacOS Catalina has been a huge disappointment.
If you're going to get an xps please buy the latest model, at work we have some of the last gen early 2019 xps with a fanless "cooler" and we have throttling issues all of the time.

The new xps is a great little machine, only annoying thing is the 4k screen does take a fair bit of battery but is a cracking screen to look at. Defo go for the 16gb ram varient!

One minor poke is the webcam quality is poor and doesnt support windows hello!
Edited by: "JamesNaselli" 28th Dec 2019
I’m looking sub-£1k so maybe the XPS is too expensive for me anyway. The other two seemed to be within that price bracket with decent specs
Edited by: "DJCriddz" 28th Dec 2019
Sammy8628/12/2019 10:40

Try this. …Try this. https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/mobile-computing/laptops/best-13-inch-laptops-which-is-right-for-you-901574Just purchased the Dell XPS 13 with i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB ram and 4k screen for £1250. Impressed especially coming from Apple MacBook Pro 13".Windows 10 has come a long way from XP/Vista, and MacOS Catalina has been a huge disappointment.

Thanks for this, very much appreciated!
Liked the look of the HP Envy x360 that I saw today as well - reduced to £699 in Curry’s I think (from £849). Also quite liked the look of the HP Spectre but that was quite a bit more expensive.

Still can’t find the Huawei in stock anywhere to have a good look at it!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants