Portable laptop with touchscreen

Posted 6th Mar
Hi, I'm looking for a portable laptop with touchscreen capability for basic work/browsing and I'm struggling to find many newer models that'll meet my requirements.

I've found previous models of the Dell Latitude E7270 (Intel Core i5 6300u, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 12.5" touchscreen) and E7470 (Intel Core i5-6300u 2.40GHz, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD 14" touchscreen).

These are both refurbed and can be had for between £300-£400. They seem to be a good 4 years old though so I'm wondering if there are any newer (better) models out that would be worth looking at instead? I don't mind if they are refurbished models.

Basic requirements are:
- costs £300-£400
- touchscreen
- 8gb ram
- SSD hard drive (ideally 128gb+)
- reputable brand (Dell, HP etc.)
- screen of 14" or less
- a good build quality
- an added bonus would be a flexbile case with the ability to fold behind the keyboard and rely on touchscreen only, but that's not essential.

Is this possible with newer models, or anything that would provide better performance than the Dell models mentioned? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Portable laptop? Great concept, wonder if that would be worth a business venture...
6 Comments
Have a look at the dell Inspiron refurbs. If you go the refurb route be sure to wait until there are discount codes available or if you have access to a student email as that'll save you about 20%.

To help your search, they are called 2in1 laptops, the keyboard folds back all the way so it turns into a tablet.
Portable laptop? Great concept, wonder if that would be worth a business venture...
Maybe should've just put in the small screen size instead
AndyRoyd06/03/2020 10:47

Portable laptop? Great concept, wonder if that would be worth a business …Portable laptop? Great concept, wonder if that would be worth a business venture...

Don’t think they’ll catch on, them portable laptops.
MadSkilzYo06/03/2020 17:36

Don’t think they’ll catch on, them portable laptops.

I might throw a punt at the concept with the return I am due soon on the crowdfunded 65" portable OLED TV project. Winning.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants