Porting number to Three

Posted 27th May
Hi please could I request some help as it has been difficult to find a well described answer from web searches.

My phone contract ends.on 16th June, I would like to switch networks to three. my question is can I go ahead and order with three and select the date of 16th of June to transfer number to avoid early termination charges?

Common sense/logic says yes to me but I am aware these things are rarely logical.

many thanks is advance

Doors
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
That will be fine. You will need to have the 3 product in your hand and functional by no later than (realistically) Sunday 14 June 2020 so you can request your port on Monday 15 June to be effected on Tues 16 June.
Just don't start the 3 product too early.
Thank you thought it would work like that. Similar to how broadband switching works now
Doors27/05/2020 21:59

Thank you thought it would work like that. Similar to how broadband …Thank you thought it would work like that. Similar to how broadband switching works now

Similar, except BB has both accounts concurrent for one day (changeover day) whereas cellular requires minimum two days up to max four concurrent days (port request day plus the next working day).

It may be cheaper (by pennies?) to delay porting day until the Wednesday or Thursday, just depends how much the 3 contract is to fund the otherwise dead days over the preceding weekend. Likewise it may be cheaper to start the 3 contract earlier and have the port occur on 12th, especially as the VAT element of the ETF should not be payable.
Just depends on the difference in daily costs.
Thanks again, I may do some quick maths to decide which day works out best
Most require 30 days notice to end contract so you should have already got your PAC code from your previous supplier.
yorkie1228/05/2020 08:59

Most require 30 days notice to end contract so you should have already got …Most require 30 days notice to end contract so you should have already got your PAC code from your previous supplier.

From reading online I did not think this was true if you were moving via PAC or STAC code, only if cancelling contract all together
Doors28/05/2020 11:37

From reading online I did not think this was true if you were moving via …From reading online I did not think this was true if you were moving via PAC or STAC code, only if cancelling contract all together

You could have a point there. I know it is now much easier to get a PAC code.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants