Porting over Number

Posted 15th Jan
Hi all,

I am currently with Vodafone. I also have a new sim only contract from Vodafone too (but from another retailer). I would like to port my existing number over, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Port it too another network and back too vodaphone unless they can do it for you if you ring them. It maybe possible for them too transfer it without going too a different network.
MynameisM15/01/2020 22:57

Port it too another network and back too vodaphone unless they can do it …Port it too another network and back too vodaphone unless they can do it for you if you ring them. It maybe possible for them too transfer it without going too a different network.

Thank you!

If they can’t do it, do you know how quick the process takes, and is it free to do so with some SIM cards? Or will I need to top up?

Thanks again!
AndyRoyd15/01/2020 23:05

Comment deleted

Great, so I won’t have to top up to port number over?
I think a few don't need topping up such as 3, Vectone mobile and possibly T-Mobile. If you order online the Sims are usually free. The ones that requires top up are 02 and Giffgaff. Not sure about others hope that helps it takes around 24 hours to port in a number usually on working days.
You can either ask them to port it to pay as you go, then use a PAC code

Or use a pac code to another network, then back again onto your temp number.

Second option is quicker but possibly more expensive.
Ioa15/01/2020 23:06

Great, so I won’t have to top up to port number over?

No topup required, port in to MazdaMobile via quaint (free) telephone conversation with its CS; port out via freebie text request archive.is/J0eZ6
Order this (EE) through TCB or Quidco
carphonewarehouse.com/mob…tml

Activate and port over your Vodafone number.

Once you've port over, request PAC again.

Spend the credit or donate to charity.

Keep the phone as spare or pop to local CEX to sell it
AndyRoyd16/01/2020 03:51

No topup required, port in to MazdaMobile via quaint (free) telephone …No topup required, port in to MazdaMobile via quaint (free) telephone conversation with its CS; port out via freebie text request http://archive.is/J0eZ6

Thank you very much
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions