Expired

Posh women's trainers? Help! (Deadline 4th December)

Found 13th Nov 2017
So, here it is. The pre-Christmas dilemma (and for me, pre December at 4th is her birthday)

My partner (I'm the guy in the relationship) has asked for a pair of 'posh trainers' (her definition) to go with her 'nice clothes'

She has ruled out the normals like Adidas, Nike, Puma, etc... she has suggested looking at brands such as Burberry, Juicy Couture, etc...

Now for the sake of my wallet and my sanity I am turning to my 2nd family, the HUKD community, for advice.

Suggestions on 'posh trainers' for women within a reasonable price range (below 100 would be great but I'm open) would be greatly appreciated.

She is a UK Size 5. Not the colour white please.
Community Updates
Ask
31 Comments
Im a female and theres not really a such thing as “posh womens trainers”

the most comfyiest trainers i wear and can wear them with anything are infact adidas yeeze.

I have around 8 different pairs
Try YOOX
I thought Adidas superstars were the fashion lately? If she is really fussy I would buy her a different gift and tell her to get her own posh trainers, I'm past these high maintenance women, there nothing but trouble. Is she just waiting for you to screw this up so she can kick off. Why not get yourself your own pair of running trainers and run a mile.
Original Poster
POWYSWALES7 m ago

I thought Adidas superstars were the fashion lately? If she is really …I thought Adidas superstars were the fashion lately? If she is really fussy I would buy her a different gift and tell her to get her own posh trainers, I'm past these high maintenance women, there nothing but trouble. Is she just waiting for you to screw this up so she can kick off. Why not get yourself your own pair of running trainers and run a mile.

Riiight, well I like to treat my girl on the 1 day of the year that is actually hers, she's not fussy at all, she has some Stan Smiths but was merely enquiring as to some nicer, less average trainers. She is insisting I not buy these but I know she wants them so I am. Calling her HM based off a paragraph on a deal site maybe shows your tolerance of women and perhaps why you're clearly going wrong in your love life and feel the need to reflect onto others.

I own running shoes by the way. Thanks for the recommendation.
Caroline_199318 m ago

Im a female and theres not really a such thing as “posh womens trainers” th …Im a female and theres not really a such thing as “posh womens trainers” the most comfyiest trainers i wear and can wear them with anything are infact adidas yeeze. I have around 8 different pairs

You have 8 pairs of extremely rare massive resell value trainers?
Rednirah25 m ago

If you can stretch your budget, i'd recommend either of these - …If you can stretch your budget, i'd recommend either of these - https://www.matchesfashion.com/products/Common-Projects-Original-Achilles-low-top-leather-trainers-1162005https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/product/828914/Balenciaga/race-runner-leather-mesh-and-neoprene-sneakers

The Balenziagas are a major stretch, I could just about accomodate the CPs tho, fantastic looking trainers, cheers
Edited by: "DatAlbino" 13th Nov 2017
I think she means designer trainers. Google ‘expensive women trainers’ and fill your boots
DatAlbino9 m ago

Riiight, well I like to treat my girl on the 1 day of the year that is …Riiight, well I like to treat my girl on the 1 day of the year that is actually hers, she's not fussy at all, she has some Stan Smiths but was merely enquiring as to some nicer, less average trainers. She is insisting I not buy these but I know she wants them so I am. Calling her HM based off a paragraph on a deal site maybe shows your tolerance of women and perhaps why you're clearly going wrong in your love life and feel the need to reflect onto others.I own running shoes by the way. Thanks for the recommendation.You have 8 pairs of extremely rare massive resell value trainers?The Balenziagas are a major stretch, I could just about accomodate the CPs tho, fantastic looking trainers, cheers

Sorry. Guess I did sound like an ass.
I appreciate the runners might be over budget. Some CP colourways go in the sale, so do keep a lookout. They are the best minimal trainer out there.

Or you could look at Arigato which are more affordable.
Original Poster
POWYSWALES12 m ago

Sorry. Guess I did sound like an ass.

You would be right in certain cases, but you presumed too many things

Doesn't matter mate, we're all human ^^
Original Poster
Rednirah11 m ago

I appreciate the runners might be over budget. Some CP colourways go in …I appreciate the runners might be over budget. Some CP colourways go in the sale, so do keep a lookout. They are the best minimal trainer out there.Or you could look at Arigato which are more affordable.

Will do, much appreciated. She indicated some black Juicy Couture quilted trainers that are going for 85, my deal smelling nose could probably find them for 70, that is really not too bad.

Would love a pair of CPs myself I'm a massive shoe fanatic

Arigato I will check out tomorrow for sure, ty
DatAlbino5 m ago

Will do, much appreciated. She indicated some black Juicy Couture quilted …Will do, much appreciated. She indicated some black Juicy Couture quilted trainers that are going for 85, my deal smelling nose could probably find them for 70, that is really not too bad.Would love a pair of CPs myself I'm a massive shoe fanatic Arigato I will check out tomorrow for sure, ty

No worries. I'd defo recommend CP's mate, have a few including those blush ones. I'm a shoe fanatic also.

Best to size down for best fit if you go for a pair.
DatAlbino6 h, 32 m ago

Riiight, well I like to treat my girl on the 1 day of the year that is …Riiight, well I like to treat my girl on the 1 day of the year that is actually hers, she's not fussy at all, she has some Stan Smiths but was merely enquiring as to some nicer, less average trainers. She is insisting I not buy these but I know she wants them so I am. Calling her HM based off a paragraph on a deal site maybe shows your tolerance of women and perhaps why you're clearly going wrong in your love life and feel the need to reflect onto others.I own running shoes by the way. Thanks for the recommendation.You have 8 pairs of extremely rare massive resell value trainers?The Balenziagas are a major stretch, I could just about accomodate the CPs tho, fantastic looking trainers, cheers

Tbh you said "she suggested", "she asked"... She mentioned costly brands... Sounds like she wants you to buy them for her. Now you are trying to defend her because he called her high maintenance and that is understandable.
If you like her and you like to spoil her it's your business but she does sound a little high maintenance from your OP at least.
Dude, you’re in a minefield here.... ask her exactly which ones she’d like
Posh trainers like Burberry, Juicy Couture, etc...

buying such trainers is like asking a car mechanic to do your central heating

you might as well get a dog poo and slap a branded sticker on it....
ipswich7818 m ago

Dude, you’re in a minefield here.... ask her exactly which ones she’d like

I'm a woman and I agree 100% the "surprise" element has gone, but id rather that than either A. Be ungrateful if i didnt like them and he be miffed off, resulting in my "special" day ruined
B. Open a box of trainers that I asked for, that i like, that showed he actually for once listened to me
You sir will go far with the woman way of thinking, write a book you'd earn millions
Ted baker does trainers too and they are beautiful. Have a look. Gucci does some too.
DatAlbino16 h, 37 m ago

DatAlbino16 h, 37 m ago

Yes why
Original Poster
hearts2210 h, 44 m ago

Tbh you said "she suggested", "she asked"... She mentioned costly …Tbh you said "she suggested", "she asked"... She mentioned costly brands... Sounds like she wants you to buy them for her. Now you are trying to defend her because he called her high maintenance and that is understandable. If you like her and you like to spoil her it's your business but she does sound a little high maintenance from your OP at least.

Caroline_199338 m ago

Yes why

What is wrong with people on here? I didn't ask for a psycho analysis of my life or relationship, if you don't want to give advice or chat about shoes I don't know why you're even commenting. Some people need to get a life.
wingmirror9 h, 9 m ago

I'm a woman and I agree 100% the "surprise" element has gone, but id …I'm a woman and I agree 100% the "surprise" element has gone, but id rather that than either A. Be ungrateful if i didnt like them and he be miffed off, resulting in my "special" day ruinedB. Open a box of trainers that I asked for, that i like, that showed he actually for once listened to me You sir will go far with the woman way of thinking, write a book you'd earn millions

My thoughts exactly, I have asked her and she has given me a pair of Juicy Couture ones which are only 70-80, which really isn't bad. I just thought I would get some advice as I like talking about shoes and 2nd opinions never hurt ^^

Thank you to all the suggestions, settling between Common Projects and the actual shoes she said she wanted because I know she is in to minimalist design
DatAlbino25 m ago

What is wrong with people on here? I didn't ask for a psycho analysis of …What is wrong with people on here? I didn't ask for a psycho analysis of my life or relationship, if you don't want to give advice or chat about shoes I don't know why you're even commenting. Some people need to get a life.My thoughts exactly, I have asked her and she has given me a pair of Juicy Couture ones which are only 70-80, which really isn't bad. I just thought I would get some advice as I like talking about shoes and 2nd opinions never hurt ^^Thank you to all the suggestions, settling between Common Projects and the actual shoes she said she wanted because I know she is in to minimalist design

Yeah I know. I didn't analyse anything about your relationship. I even said if you want to spoil your partner etc it is your business.
Just made a comment based on someone else's interaction with you in the thread. Just thought your initial post said something different from your reply to that guy... couldn't refrain from pointing that out.

You made a thread and people are free to comment based on what you say.

You clearly said she asked you to buy her posh trainers and went as far as suggesting brands then when he kind of attacked her you backtracked and tried to make it sound like it was you wanting to buy her trainers . I saw a contradiction and that prompted me to comment.

Why not just let her buy the ones she wants and you just pay for them... she clearly wants some specific trainers and there is no surprise involved so you're just paying really. Letting you pick would make sense if it was a gift you came up with.

Original Poster
hearts2240 m ago

Yeah I know. I didn't analyse anything about your relationship. I even …Yeah I know. I didn't analyse anything about your relationship. I even said if you want to spoil your partner etc it is your business. Just made a comment based on someone else's interaction with you in the thread. Just thought your initial post said something different from your reply to that guy... couldn't refrain from pointing that out. You made a thread and people are free to comment based on what you say. You clearly said she asked you to buy her posh trainers and went as far as suggesting brands then when he kind of attacked her you backtracked and tried to make it sound like it was you wanting to buy her trainers . I saw a contradiction and that prompted me to comment. Why not just let her buy the ones she wants and you just pay for them... she clearly wants some specific trainers and there is no surprise involved so you're just paying really. Letting you pick would make sense if it was a gift you came up with.

Honestly mate, get a life, you're writing 3 paragraph retorts when a guy asks about women's trainers.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will expire this now as it's slowly turning into a self-help programme ^^
DatAlbino23 m ago

Honestly mate, get a life, you're writing 3 paragraph retorts when a guy …Honestly mate, get a life, you're writing 3 paragraph retorts when a guy asks about women's trainers.Thanks for the advice everyone, I will expire this now as it's slowly turning into a self-help programme ^^

I do have a life and opinions ;). The same life of someone who twice wrote back to someone who supposedly has no life haha.
I wrote back that much because I like to explain myself properly.
I could say the same about you asking what posh trainers to get when your partner already knows what she wants lol. Just get her the ones she picked and be done with it.

I certainly haven't attacked you or insulted you.

Oh and I gave advice in my last post but you're
too offended to notice

People can be so touchy lol
Edited by: "hearts22" 14th Nov 2017
Original Poster
hearts226 m ago

I do have a life and opinions ;). I wrote back that much because I like …I do have a life and opinions ;). I wrote back that much because I like to explain myself properly. I could say the same about you asking what posh trainers to get when your partner already knows what she wants lol. Just get her the ones she picked and be done with it. I certainly haven't attacked you or insulted you. Oh and I gave advice in my last post but you're too offended to notice People can be so touchy lol

Your advice is not helpful when I asked specifically for nice trainers just to bounce some ideas off each other, and your response is to jump into someone else's comment and go 'just ask her'. I know I can ask her, I've been with her for almost 3 years.

I frankly don't care about your opinions on anything other than trainers, or else I would've asked.

I never claimed you attacked me, you're just making a big deal out of this and being inflammatory on purpose. Honestly, get a life.

Expiring post, many thanks to those who actually spoke about trainers
Original Poster
itsme109 h, 41 m ago

Ted baker does trainers too and they are beautiful. Have a look. Gucci …Ted baker does trainers too and they are beautiful. Have a look. Gucci does some too.

Thanks for the shout, she has a bag from them so could match well, cheers
DatAlbino7 m ago

Your advice is not helpful when I asked specifically for nice trainers …Your advice is not helpful when I asked specifically for nice trainers just to bounce some ideas off each other, and your response is to jump into someone else's comment and go 'just ask her'. I know I can ask her, I've been with her for almost 3 years.I frankly don't care about your opinions on anything other than trainers, or else I would've asked.I never claimed you attacked me, you're just making a big deal out of this and being inflammatory on purpose. Honestly, get a life.Expiring post, many thanks to those who actually spoke about trainers

She picked a pair. You said it in one of your subsequent posts.
I never said you should care. I'm free to express any opinion I want though.
You could have ignored the comment but you chose to reply so moot point.
Why wouldn't you just get the ones she picked?? Since you were so worried about making the wrong choice lol. Makes no sense.
hearts2212 h, 53 m ago

Tbh you said "she suggested", "she asked"... She mentioned costly …Tbh you said "she suggested", "she asked"... She mentioned costly brands... Sounds like she wants you to buy them for her. Now you are trying to defend her because he called her high maintenance and that is understandable. If you like her and you like to spoil her it's your business but she does sound a little high maintenance from your OP at least.

to be fair, i don't think there is anything wrong with a woman asking her man to buy stuff for her for special occasions and for the man to do so and spoil her. nothing worst than tight men.

i am a woman so you could argue i am a little biased
mutley111 m ago

to be fair, i don't think there is anything wrong with a woman asking her …to be fair, i don't think there is anything wrong with a woman asking her man to buy stuff for her for special occasions and for the man to do so and spoil her. nothing worst than tight men.i am a woman so you could argue i am a little biased

I am too.
I don't think it's anything outrageous no. I suppose it was how he worded the OP that made her sound a little high maintenance.

Personally, if I wanted a specific thing I would buy it myself but I don't like to ask for presents.
hearts2216 m ago

I am too. I don't think it's anything outrageous no. I suppose it was how …I am too. I don't think it's anything outrageous no. I suppose it was how he worded the OP that made her sound a little high maintenance.Personally, if I wanted a specific thing I would buy it myself but I don't like to ask for presents.

i am so fussy that i always state exactly what i want for a present. i would actually choose a pair of trainers and the shop where it is available and asks that it be bought there i am more than happy to be given the credit card and go there myself to make the purchase.

i am very low maintenance though, but my husband will say otherwise if you ask him. lol.
Get her the trainers she wants, and chuck in a box of chocolates or something she likes that she doesn't know of, job done!
wingmirror27 m ago

Get her the trainers she wants, and chuck in a box of chocolates or …Get her the trainers she wants, and chuck in a box of chocolates or something she likes that she doesn't know of, job done!

I think men should be generous to women. You have to spoil someone, so why not spoil the woman you love? As long as you are confident that is not why she is with you, spoil her rotten
It should work both ways, hope she spoils you on your birthday OP.
Original Poster
hearts224 h, 13 m ago

I do have a life and opinions ;). The same life of someone who twice …I do have a life and opinions ;). The same life of someone who twice wrote back to someone who supposedly has no life haha. I wrote back that much because I like to explain myself properly. I could say the same about you asking what posh trainers to get when your partner already knows what she wants lol. Just get her the ones she picked and be done with it. I certainly haven't attacked you or insulted you. Oh and I gave advice in my last post but you're too offended to notice People can be so touchy lol

mutley12 h, 1 m ago

I think men should be generous to women. You have to spoil someone, so …I think men should be generous to women. You have to spoil someone, so why not spoil the woman you love? As long as you are confident that is not why she is with you, spoil her rotten

POWYSWALES4 m ago

It should work both ways, hope she spoils you on your birthday OP.

She got me a Gucci cardholder and took me out for a meal, it goes both ways
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions