Posted 2 December 2020

Positive Grid Spark Guitar Amps available in the UK - £225 Delivered (No extra fees) Via GuitarGuitar

These amps released a little while ago now. Positive Grid had big problems with shipping, most of which was due to Covid-19 by the looks of it. Some customers were waiting months and months for their order, while PG gradually fulfilled those orders.

The amps get a very good write up, offering something different from most small practice amps out there and at a fair price. Sadly that price was kind of ruined once you add UK tax + Import fees into the equation.

Good news for us as it looks like GuitarGuitar are one of the first UK retailers to actually have them in stock.

In order to buy one you have to email or use online chat, tell them that you're interested and give your email to them. They'll then email you a link that you can use to buy one.

Yep, it's not an idea way to buy, but the indications that I got from GuitarGuitar using online chat, was that this is the only way they've been allowed to sell them. I'm genuinely interested but haven't decided 100% yet.

Delivery on my quote is for the 4th Dec, which is far quicker than buying direct from PG. Also there's no import tax / extra costs - Which you can confirm in the chat for your piece of mind.

If you are interested - Click Here to see the info on guitarguitar
There's no obligaton to buy, just because you have requested a link to your email

3611884.jpg

3611884.jpg

Award Winning Bias Engine
The Spark features a large selection of realistic amps and effects which create some of the most impressive modeling tones available today. This is all powered by the same engine used on the pro level Positive Grid equipment.

Multifunctional Applications
The Spark is fully equipped with amp models designed for electric, acoustic and bass. A perfect solution for multi-instrumentalists and those looking to expand their musical horizons.

A Ready To Go Backing Band
The Smart Jam feature assesses your chords, tempo and feel to create a drum & bass backing track to accompany your playing. A fast and easy way to hear how your ideas would work in a band setting whenever inspiration strikes.

Learning Just Got Easier
Select a song from the millions available across a number of online platforms/libraries and Spark's app will show you the chords to songs, letting you play along in real-time. You can also loop individual sections or adjust the speed to learn at a tempo that is comfortable for you.

Hands-Free Control
The IOS/Android app can be controlled via voice command, freeing up your hands to keep playing and making your jam session a whole lot easier

Rich High Fidelity Sound

The two 4" custom-designed speakers work in unison with a tuned bass-reflex port to produce a hi-fi grade stereo sound. Any style of music will "shine" when streamed via Bluetooth.

Convenient Recording Interface

Simply plug the Spark into your computer via USB to access its recording capabilities. With a free copy of PreSonus Studio One Prime included, you have all you need to get started.
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Luckily I saw this post (thanks) I was about to order it from the US site while the sale was still on. Great service from guitar guitar, ordered Sunday afternoon and was delivered next morning by DHL
    Price has changed to £279 now and they expect stock sometime after March.
    Ohhh nice post. I'm intrigued. I can't decide if it's all really good marketing (especially on YouTube) and hype or whether they are actually decent. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, probably a decent sounding bedroom practice amp that is good value for money and but won't exactly be a Fender deluxe :P
    What's the deal with the weird ordering process? Seems odd. Maybe they are planning an official UK announcement and are letting guitarguitar work away in the meantime.
    Author
    Conor_Campbell02/12/2020 16:45

Ohhh nice post. I'm intrigued. I can't decide if it's all really good …Ohhh nice post. I'm intrigued. I can't decide if it's all really good marketing (especially on YouTube) and hype or whether they are actually decent. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, probably a decent sounding bedroom practice amp that is good value for money and but won't exactly be a Fender deluxe :P

A bit of both, yeah. They gained a lot of hype since their release and I myself nearly bought one, until I figured there could be import taxes on top. The end price was pretty unknown for us, even though VAT was already added. I saw a few people question this with no clear answer. At least this way you get a solid price and know exactly what you're paying.

Conor_Campbell02/12/2020 16:46

What's the deal with the weird ordering process? Seems odd. Maybe they are …What's the deal with the weird ordering process? Seems odd. Maybe they are planning an official UK announcement and are letting guitarguitar work away in the meantime.

Possibly the only way PG are allowing them to be sold right now. My initial thought was that it's to do do with slowing down any scalpers. If you have to call and give emails each time... that's harder work than to just keep buying. It's quick process though. Outside of my questions on the chat, I dropped my email in and was at the checkout within a few mins.
    Author
    vills08/12/2020 12:49

Luckily I saw this post (thanks) I was about to order it from the US site …Luckily I saw this post (thanks) I was about to order it from the US site while the sale was still on. Great service from guitar guitar, ordered Sunday afternoon and was delivered next morning by DHL

Oh nice! Let me know what you think of it
    Nice little practice amp. Looks good, compact size, sounds good. Bear in mind I am an amateur who has been playing for the last few years solely for my own enjoyment so I don't have experience with lots of different equipment

connected to the app it comes into its own - tons of tones to play with and very easy to adjust amp and effects settings.I can also use it as a Bluetooth speaker in my study which is handy. Still haven't played with the backing tracks and 'autojam' function but the app connected to spotify easily. I think it will take me a week or two to fully explore the features and it has inspired me to start playing a bit more.. My only criticism is the sound is somewhat bass heavy.

Bottom line -I think it's well worth the price for what you're getting.
    Just been on live chat and was quoted £299 might have to save a few more pennies
    Foxy7229/12/2020 12:12

Just been on live chat and was quoted £299 might have to save a few more …Just been on live chat and was quoted £299 might have to save a few more pennies

I was quoted £229 on live chat, when I spoke to my local store to order they thought it was £299, but when they checked their system it was £229.

On back order, but expected in the next week or two.
    Do GuitarGuitar offer a similar deal to PG in the January sale, does anyone know? I still think £229 is good value but wouldn't mind that carry bag too. 😁
    Yikes have to wait 60-65 days!
    Just ordered from guitarguitar, paid £50 deposit, just need to wait 60+ days now....
    I’ve had my spark for a couple of months

best home practice amp I’ve used . Honestly they are excellent amps , so versatile .

any questions just ask , will give totally unbiased opinion
's avatar