Possible fraud SkySmile.co

Found 4th Feb
Hi there

Guys I need a help. My wife asked me to buy it for her. She's seen an advert on facebook. It's a whitening kit for £3 reduced from £29.99 on skysmile.co it looked ok when I saw it. So I paid by credit card £3 and after two days they charged me £42 ! When I checked the website again, at the bottom they say they charge for a membership £42 ffs! I've contacted my credit card they said it's still in the progress and I need to call again when it's processed. Also I've send two emails to the company to stop that membership but I don't think I'll get anything back.
Community Updates
Ask
25 Comments
I think your credit card company will sort it out. I had a similar type of thing happen and the credit card company were great, backcharged the payment and then blocked them from making any further charges for 24 months
If they say they charge it then it isn't fraud. It is sneaky but it isn't fraud. This is why you should always read the small print. None of us do though. Hope they refund it for you but you might have to notch this one down to experience.
Doubt its fraud -possibly misleading advertising which would put it within the ASA's remit (Advertising Standards Authority ) .
Thank you
It's £42 every 2 weeks I think.

33202044.jpg33202044.jpg
Edited by: "Darzen" 5th Feb
It's showing £3 on uk.skysmile.co
mikefrom821 h, 15 m ago

It's showing £3 on http://uk.skysmile.co

from that link

How much does it cost?
Unsubscribing your membership is easy. After your 2 days free trial you will be charged for the recurring membership from Vaultsave.com. The price of the membership is £42, that will be charged each 14th day from your creditcard. The first 2 hours after your purchase you are not able to unsubscribe your membership, because of technical restrictions in our system.
mattmerch35 m ago

from that link How much does it …from that link How much does it cost? Unsubscribing your membership is easy. After your 2 days free trial you will be charged for the recurring membership from Vaultsave.com. The price of the membership is £42, that will be charged each 14th day from your creditcard. The first 2 hours after your purchase you are not able to unsubscribe your membership, because of technical restrictions in our system.

That's the point to press with ASA if it comes to that point. They say you will be charged each 14th day from your credit card, but they don't say whether this is a weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annual membership. Lucky you spotted it now, imagine some people don't check their accounts
Just how dumb can people be? A £3 tooth whitening kit from an unknown vendor. No danger whatsoever to anyone's teeth. And they will grow back won't they

Dooooooooooooooooh
According to Whois.com, website registered 25/1/18 to an address in Panama.
Toptrumpet1 h, 22 m ago

According to Whois.com, website registered 25/1/18 to an address in Panama.

Haven't checkedecked but are you sure that's not a privacy company they've used to mask it, a lot of those about at the moment from panama
I assume it is. In my opinion registrants should only be allowed if there is third party confirmation of details and the registrants details must be shown rather than be allowed to be ‘private’.
Unfortunately with fraud so rife now every transaction must be down to the buyers to show due diligence in checking whois.com and Scamadviser.com before jumping in on any too good to be true offer.
Hopefully op will get his money back and any membership fees.
Hi mikefrom82,
would like to ask you how the story ends? I've done same stuuuuupid thing!!!!!
I've reported it to my credit card and they gave me credit but they might still investigate it till April.
I’ve done the same thing, same company different product. The bank can cancel further payments but can’t cancel the current pending transaction to them. Emailed the company with no response as I ordered on the 9th so should be within the 2 days cancellation period
Edited by: "jessica.roberts" 11th Feb
I did the same.
I even sent a cancellation email after 2 hours. I had an email back saying my account was cancelled. then they charged me anyway.
purchased on the 7th, charged on the 9th... currently trying to get my bank to sort it all out.
since being charged i sent an email, and havent heard anything back
any advice is appreciated 33250686-KrhL5.jpg
I was sent to this sight from Facebook for some of those magic tights... cost of 3 pounds with free delivery... no mention on membership anywhere and cannot find the sight ... was charged the 42 pounds ... have rang my bank who have hopefully sorted this out... didn't even receive a confirmation email from skysmile... how do people sleep at night!!!
They don't send any confirmation emails. There is small print at the bottom of the page about the membership and charge £42
Hi Mike, I think they have multiple sites.
I clicked on a link for teeth whitening activated carbon, but same jist.
All the charges come out to this company 'skysmile'
on the site i clicked on there was no mention of additional charges on the original page, but I saw this post so went back to the site and looked through the entirety of their T&C's and it said you can cancel within two days, but not until 2 hours have passed since initial order..

however I dont think it matters if you follow what they say, because i sent a cancellation email, and although they replied, i was still charged.

so far ive seen 3 sites made by this company, i would advise anyone to read the full terms and conditions before making any purchase, but more importantly if you buy something, if your statement / mobile banking app says the money has gone to skysmile, contact your bank immediately and cancel any further transactions.

knew it seemed too good to be £2 + free delivery
can anyone post an email address where we could end the subscription? As I am trying to end up with them and can not find any pages online.went online on vaultsafe.com but they are asking for an a account name which I receive on my confirmation email from but I don't have any! if anyone has any details will be much appreciated!
thank you. Will come with an update when will have one
I fell for this one too and didn’t read the small print. Charged me £42. Will see what the card company say but won’t hold out too much hope

Lesson learned.
sophie.allen13th Feb

I was sent to this sight from Facebook for some of those magic tights... …I was sent to this sight from Facebook for some of those magic tights... cost of 3 pounds with free delivery... no mention on membership anywhere and cannot find the sight ... was charged the 42 pounds ... have rang my bank who have hopefully sorted this out... didn't even receive a confirmation email from skysmile... how do people sleep at night!!!

same! didn't get a confirmation email and didn't make a note of the vendor name. can't believe I was such an idiot.

my bank are beginning a transaction dispute but with no details on the vendor I have nowhere the check the small print of something I may or may not have agreed to. if it comes to it I will have to change my card which will be hassle but better than potentially shelling out £80 a month for membership of something I don't even know that I signed up for!
update : the bank gave me all the money which they took from my account, they charged me every week £42 and now it's been 2weeks since they did not took a penny out... this is after I have emailed them and closed the subscription.... hurray
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants