Possible free 4 Month NowTV Cinema Pass?

Found 17th Dec 2017
This potentially may not be a deal so hear me out, I'll delete it if it's an anomaly.

I just got an email from NowTV thanking me for activating a cinema pass, only it also said "Your special offer gives you the Sky Cinema Month Pass for £0.00 a month for 4 Months. Ongoing payments are £9.99 a month."

Thing is, I haven't activated a cinema pass and the TV wasn't even on when the receipt came through, but sure enough I checked my account and had an active cinema pass that hasn't cost me a penny.

Has anyone else received similar?
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
4 Comments
We had the same this week with an Entertainment pass, not too bothered, just made sure I cancelled any payments as soon as I checked if it was active on my account!
This is the email .... And we haven't activated a new box recently! ...

"Thanks for buying a NOW TV Bundle, complete with NOW TV Box and a voucher for one of our NOW TV Passes.

We can see that although you’ve activated your shiny new Box, it looks like you might’ve had some trouble redeeming the voucher that came with it. To help you get up and running, we’ve applied the voucher to your account for you, so you’re all set to start enjoying your Pass right away.

At the end of your pre-paid period, your Month Pass will automatically renew at the standard price. You can cancel at any time by going to My Account and My Passes. "
And it gave us 3 months Entertainment pass ......
Edited by: "virgil47" 17th Dec 2017
Very weird. Surely they shouldn't be allowed to give someone a free offer that will automatically renew at cost when the free period ends...

I'd have rather they just give me a code and let me choose to redeem it.
Edited by: "Rob_1304" 17th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions