Groups

Possible huge phone bill, advice please

In the midst of a family crisis last night I phoned my mobile with the house phone to try and find it. I pick up my house phone today to see that on the screen is a time of 21 hours and it was still active with the call to my mobile. Thing is, I cut the call on my mobile straight after I found it. Also, I am sure I never actually answered it at any point, I just had to hear it ring. In the time between then and now I have used my mobile to call other people so I know it cannot have been connected to a call with my housephone. Am I going to be charged for this?

24 Comments

Call the Operator and explain it to them ASAP, and get a detailed bill on your mobile as proof.

I dont think you will be then, did you hang up using your housephone? it could of just been "left off the hook" so to speak because you didnt hang up using the house phone too. So it was just on the static noise when u press the green button

Im not 100% if that makes sense but yeh. lol

Original Poster

Mobile is Pay and Go, with Three. How would I go about getting a bill?

Vegito

Mobile is Pay and Go, with Three. How would I go about getting a bill?

checking your balance?

Original Poster

golemsmate

I dont think you will be then, did you hang up using your housephone? it … I dont think you will be then, did you hang up using your housephone? it could of just been "left off the hook" so to speak because you didnt hang up using the house phone too. So it was just on the static noise when u press the green buttonIm not 100% if that makes sense but yeh. lol

No I guess I did not hang up on the housephone. I cancelled the call on my mobile and presumed that would cut the connection. As I said, I don't think the call was ever actually answered too.

golemsmate

checking your balance?

if you need something more detailed you'll have to email or call Three

Original Poster

golemsmate

checking your balance?

Call was TO my mobile FROM the landline.

usually my phone starts beeping if i dont hang it up when the other person does. Are u worried about ur home phone bill or ur mobile? U should just give them a call and ask

Vegito

No I guess I did not hang up on the housephone. I cancelled the call on … No I guess I did not hang up on the housephone. I cancelled the call on my mobile and presumed that would cut the connection. As I said, I don't think the call was ever actually answered too.

if you cancelled call on your mobile and it did not go through to any voicemail then it was not a chargeable call

Pretty sure the exchange drops a call after a set amount of time of silence

Banned

"you'll have to email or call Three"
    you're basically screwed if you have to do the above

Original Poster

It is the bill on my landline I am worried about. I think I would have to wait till Monday to get any assistance from TalkTalk.

Vegito

It is the bill on my landline I am worried about. I think I would have to … It is the bill on my landline I am worried about. I think I would have to wait till Monday to get any assistance from TalkTalk.

You're beeing optimistic there :lol

dont worry yo only get charged for a connected call.

If you cut the call on your mobile, the worst that would happen is your house phone would sit on your 3 voicemail for the longest time allowed (assuming you have voicemail) if you don't have voicemail and your mobile says his call can not be connected or something similar you have nothing to worry about

if u cant talk to your phone company now your with the wrong person called o2 about 5 minutes ago landlines should have even better service than mobiles!
    Edited by: "golemsmate" 24th Jul 2010

gerrygedder

gordon BENNETT! No wonder this country is in the state its in!1. Call … gordon BENNETT! No wonder this country is in the state its in!1. Call Talk Talk2. You were a tw*t - plead stupidity & ask them to waive the call cost3. Expect to be very lucky if they doEND STORYGod!

????? whats your problem and why have you called op a tw*t twice !! NO NEED , imo !

op if you have used your mobile today before you discovered this on your home phone then you should be ok , especially if you think you didnt answer call on your moby when you heard it ring !
    Can you not go on to your talktalk account online and see or email them maybe to put mind at rest instead of waiting until Monday ? good luck (_;)

The call was cancelled on your mobile so you won't get charged. Your landline is showing the length of time it was off the hook. Some people worry about the silliest things!
    Go and try it now... call your mobile and then cut it off... see what happens!

Original Poster

Even messed up editing my post, I just checked my voicemail and it cut off at 2 minutes, does this mean I am in the clear?

Can check the myTalkTalk part of my account online however it is 48 hours..behind. So to speak and will not update till Monday probably.

Yeah it'll be a 2 mins cost of call at a guess

Original Poster

Hopefully, thanks.

Original Poster

After 2 minutes it stopped recording and started cycling through options. This lasted 5 minutes then it eventually kicked in and said "Goodbye" and cut off giving me a busy tone. All should be well. Thanks to all.

good news (_;)

My friend fell asleep whilst on the phone to China. His mobile bill is impressive.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      3. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111

See more discussions