Groups

POSSIBLE ONLINE BANKING FRAUD(HALIFAX)

Halifax PLC. has been receiving complaints from our customers for unauthorised use of the Halifax Online accounts. As a result we are making an extra security check on all of our Customers account in order to protect their information from theft and fraud.

Due to this, you are requested to follow the provided steps and confirm your Online Banking details for the safety of your Accounts. Please click on the following link:
    http://XXXXXXXX/security.login.htm

However, Failure to do so may result in temporary account suspension. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Fraud Prevention Unit
    Legal Advisor
    Halifax PLC.

i received the above email but i have altered the link.i have never had a halifax account no reason for them too email me.it probably steals your login details though at a guess

10 Comments

Original Poster

if anyone has clicked on link and entered details i would be ringing halifax straightaway and informing them of what you have done

yeah, sounds like it. i'd forward the e-mail on to halifax ([email protected]) and then delete it.

if you are ever asked to click a link to update details just ignore and open a web page and type in relevant banks url and go from there. same with any e-mail you're unsure of.

got one from nationwide - forwarded it to
    [email protected]

think its a standard addy for most banks - [email protected] banks name
    - banks do not send emails regarding your account -

I get these emails all the time too (luckly gmail sends it straight to spam) I find it funny that I recieve one from each different UK bank daily.

"Never respond to or go through any email link that is in anyway connected or claims to be connected to a site that deals with money." - Words I live by.

I get between five to twenty phishing emails a day (sadly not an exaggeration) in my Hotmail account claiming to be from various banks and online money services, most of which I don't have an account with. Always go through the official website to any online bank services just to be sure. In fact a quick check of my Hotmail account shows a Royal Bank of Scotland, 2 x Lloyds TSB, Abbey national and a Halifax email that are all fake.

We [COLOR="Red"]apologize[/COLOR] for any inconvenience

Not even proper English. It's apologise, this is the American spelling.

Idiots, I get so many of these.... I prefer the begging letters, pleading with you to take their inheritance....

I had an email like this the other day, subject titled: "An important message from Royal Bank of Scotland". I opened it up and the first words were "Dear Customer, here at Abbey National..."

I genuinely wonder how people can fall for them.

I almost get those for various bank accounts (which I don't have!!) on a daily basis

holly100;2372723

- banks do not send emails regarding your account -

Yes they do!

I get them frequently from A&L and I got one from Halifax yesterday, with 8 links to their web-site. And before anyone says it, yes it was halifax, not a fake!

suze;2378563

I almost get those for various bank accounts (which I don't have!!) on a … I almost get those for various bank accounts (which I don't have!!) on a daily basis

same.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions