Possible refund on pending Virgin Media price increase for those still in contract

8 replies
Found 21st Dec 2014
I received a letter from VM earlier this month telling me my "Big Kahuna" deal's price would be going up by £4.50 a month from Feb 1st.

Called them up saying I wanted to lower my package and they put me through to the retention team, got the increase waived for each of the remaining months on my 12 month contract.

FYI those who cant get VM to refund but did stump up a lump-sum for their line rental, please note that £1 of the increase is for line rental so they should at the very least take that off for the remaining months of your lump sum.

8 Comments

Question. When your contract runs out does it go into a rolling contract or locks you I a new contract?

Thanks for the heads up cliffio76, just popped this in to misc.

bigflump

Thanks for the heads up cliffio76, just popped this in to misc.

Merry Christmas Flump

Did this last week, just tell them you want to cancel and they put a lump sum onto your next bill, £48 in my case so equal to a free month.

Original Poster

redcantona

just tell them you want to cancel

As stated, no need to threaten to cancel (as I'd rather be with VM than $ky), just ask to reduce your package. Plus threatening to leave doesn't help those who've paid their year's line rental up front.

Banned

So I've received a letter advising an increase of £4.50 per month.
Just rang and spoke to the normal billing team who almost straight away offered to reduce the increase to £1.50 a month for the first 6 months (so knocking off £3 per month).

Will try calling the retentions line next.

EDIT: rang the retentions team and they managed to remove the whole price increase in a roundabout manner. Was a bit confusing the way it was done, but essentially I won't pay any more than I am paying now until my contract ends.

Edited by: "Villa" 22nd Dec 2014

cliffio76

As stated, no need to threaten to cancel (as I'd rather be with VM than … As stated, no need to threaten to cancel (as I'd rather be with VM than $ky), just ask to reduce your package. Plus threatening to leave doesn't help those who've paid their year's line rental up front.

I pay my line rental up front.

redcantona

I pay my line rental up front, but whatever the main thing is getting the … I pay my line rental up front, but whatever the main thing is getting the increase removed. This also doesn't commit you to any further contract.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2761
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2031
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114650
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21100

See more discussions