Possible route to exit a Virgin Media Contract.

Posted 13th Dec 2021
I have Virgin Media I have 6 months remaining on my contract, and in two months my offers run out meaning my 200Mb will be jumping up to over £50 a month, but I would like to exit it now and sign up for something else before that happens

Last night when I logged into my account I clicked on upgrades and offers & I was presented with a new web direct to something Virgin is offering called Full Flex.

If you opt to change to this, it allows you for 18 months to swap your package for TV, Broadband ad Phone, from a selection of their services, so from 100Mb to Gigabit etc.. same with TV and Phone otpions..

The thing is by signing up it is abrand new contract and is a 30 day rolling contract and the T&C's state there is no early disconnection fee if you give 30 days notice, and it also goes on to state that you can cancel the whole thing with no consquences using the 14 day cooling off option too from the day you recevied your new contract.

Ive read the T&Cs about 20 times, it it seem this new contract takes precident over the old one, the old contract becomes void and you can then use either the 14 day cooling off to cancel all services, or the 30 days notice.

You are effectively taking a new 18 month contract but you can cancel at any time without consquence or termination fees as long as you give them 30 days notice.

The catch is that the Full Flex is more expensive than the normal contracted prices and any offers you currently have on your account wont carry over.

So I am paying £32.99 a month for 200Mb but I opted for this new contract I Selected 100Mb for £40.00 a month, but my contract will begin on the 15 of Dec and I will contact them on that day to cancel using the 14 day cooling off option.. even if I have to use the 30 day notice its £8 more than i normally pay to exit my contract early with no disconnection fees.

I thought this might help some who want to exit their contracts early.

3849226-f6jPV.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    aLV42613/12/2021 16:55

Appreciate the heads up - after viewing all the deals on here I realised …Appreciate the heads up - after viewing all the deals on here I realised that I am being diddled as I paid the line rental separately (£12 some odd) plus £34 for the 100M package (so £46+ for 100M bundle - ugg). I think I'll give it a go and try to renegotiate a better package (Can you drop the land line & get a better deal or is it still the case that you get a better deal with it included?)

Yeah its not worth it for a better deal, unless you looking to completely cancel and then take out a new customer offer, this way works out you get a worse deal, but 30 days worse for no eraly termination charges is worth it me and maybe others.
    Appreciate the heads up - after viewing all the deals on here I realised that I am being diddled as I paid the line rental separately (£12 some odd) plus £34 for the 100M package (so £46+ for 100M bundle - ugg). I think I'll give it a go and try to renegotiate a better package (Can you drop the land line & get a better deal or is it still the case that you get a better deal with it included?)
    aLV42613/12/2021 16:55

Appreciate the heads up - after viewing all the deals on here I realised …Appreciate the heads up - after viewing all the deals on here I realised that I am being diddled as I paid the line rental separately (£12 some odd) plus £34 for the 100M package (so £46+ for 100M bundle - ugg). I think I'll give it a go and try to renegotiate a better package (Can you drop the land line & get a better deal or is it still the case that you get a better deal with it included?)

It's probably worth signing up with o2 sim only at an extra cost so you get double your virgin speed (with o2 volt).
    Author
    ReaDee13/12/2021 17:57

Comment deleted

I agree, but I am sure when you close your account they email you confirmation, and your account would be updated at least by the closing date, doesnt excuse bad CS but do well just to double check your online account
    Consider your risks carefully.

I too got offered a silly price upgrade through my account four months before my contract ends. It too said I'd be starting a new 18 month contract, confirmed by email.

It's taken numerous web chats (hours and hours worth) , an official complaint and further help from the forum team to agree the upgrade price offered of an extra fiver for two speed jumps in broadband plan. It absolutely doesn't give you a new contract despite what's written in black and white.

Seems the upgrade offers after you're logged in are mistakes, certainly in my case.
    Author
    SoWantAnLGC113/12/2021 19:38

Consider your risks carefully.I too got offered a silly price upgrade …Consider your risks carefully.I too got offered a silly price upgrade through my account four months before my contract ends. It too said I'd be starting a new 18 month contract, confirmed by email.It's taken numerous web chats (hours and hours worth) , an official complaint and further help from the forum team to agree the upgrade price offered of an extra fiver for two speed jumps in broadband plan. It absolutely doesn't give you a new contract despite what's written in black and white.Seems the upgrade offers after you're logged in are mistakes, certainly in my case.

Yeha this is different, Its not asking me to upgrade its asking me to change my account from an 18 Month contract to a 30 day Rolling Contract through somthing they call Full Flex, they have just launched, its only open to select accounts.

They have emailed me a new contract with the new details including the T&Cs that state 30 days rolling etc.

But as per all these comments, there is a reason I am looking to leave early.. Virgin is the worst company to deal with for anything.
    Have to admit customer service is too painful to deal with
    I didn't mind being with them. In fact miss the broadband now fibre isn't an option in my new home in a tiny village. From 200mbs to 24mbs!!!!

You can usually get good deals through their loyalty team, but you have to cancel to receive a call from the loyalty team.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants