Possible stack to make £50 from eBay?

Found 11th Dec 2017
Ebay have a £1 final fee sales listing day today. TopCashBack are offering 10% cash back (today only) on purchases from eBay (Max cashback £50). - and another £5 if you trigger their Green Monday promotion. So what's to stop someone listing something for £500 BIN today, and a mate buying it today via TCB. The mate gets10% cashback £50 (or £55 with the extra offer), and the seller pays £1. Doesn't sound like a sustainable business model for eBay going forward.....

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

What's the likelihood of TCB honoring anything over a couple of quid?

me and a buddy did this last time and you get barely anything cause £500 purchase lost him £20 in paypal fees anyway + the listing fee

made like a tenner each lol

mrty47 m ago

What's the likelihood of TCB honoring anything over a couple of quid?

There are some retailers that pair well with cashback sites. Ebay + TCB always payout for me.

A BIN for £500 will cost 20p transaction fee and 3.4% - £17.20 total in Paypal fees.

Add the £1 FVF from ebay = £18.20.

Are there any listing fees?

Thumbs up from me

murtgurge4 h, 30 m ago

me and a buddy did this last time and you get barely anything cause £500 …me and a buddy did this last time and you get barely anything cause £500 purchase lost him £20 in paypal fees anyway + the listing feemade like a tenner each lol

Can you not just put collection only and pay cash?

bryanhaines39910 m ago

Can you not just put collection only and pay cash?

tcb wouldn't be able to track a cash purchase

haha interesting idea.

and no with £1 fvf there is no losting fees, just £1.

Sounds interesting, might be worth a try
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants