Possible To Claim Warranty From Samsung Without Receipt?

Found 6th Apr 2015
Hi Guys I am about to purchase Samsung S5 but it doesn't come with purchase receipt in case of any fault will Samsung honour the warranty and repair the phone unlike LG
Community Updates
AskSamsung
6 Comments
like apple serial number is used only if this differs would receipt be needed.
justanothercid

like apple serial number is used only if this differs would receipt be … like apple serial number is used only if this differs would receipt be needed.

thanks
Didn't ask me for receipt when I discovered my S4 battery was subject to a recall. I could find nothing on their website and only found a serial number checker on a forum. Samsung swapped it without fuss.
Given it was shipped with the phone and the risk associated with exploding batteries, I would have thought they would be able to send a message to each phone concerned.
I wouldn't buy a phone without knowing where it came from and some proof of it. I heard horror stories about lorries having their load stolen and sold on in this way. Sometimes takes a little while but they always get blocked. If there's no receipt with a phone always find out why. Mobile fraud is common as dirt unfortunately.
I disagree with you kester76, I purchased a lot of phones from eBay till now many times it happened that the seller never posted it but it never happened with me that it get block after some time.(I think you talking about gumtree) which is definitely not a good place to buy

The reason people don't include receipt is because of their personal details, off course everyone like to buy a brand new phone, but I never want to pay that much especially when the depreciation is too fast

I bought a note 4 still working fine a gift for someone it cost me 328 and is completely brand new, but off course if someone afford it and don't mind with ridiculous prices then go for new one
jun19

I disagree with you kester76, I purchased a lot of phones from eBay till … I disagree with you kester76, I purchased a lot of phones from eBay till now many times it happened that the seller never posted it but it never happened with me that it get block after some time.(I think you talking about gumtree) which is definitely not a good place to buyThe reason people don't include receipt is because of their personal details, off course everyone like to buy a brand new phone, but I never want to pay that much especially when the depreciation is too fastI bought a note 4 still working fine a gift for someone it cost me 328 and is completely brand new, but off course if someone afford it and don't mind with ridiculous prices then go for new one

Party agree and somewhat disagree, perfectly normal for secondhand phones not to include receipts.

However phones can be blocked off eBay and Gumtree. Depends who you deal with. You get a feel for things once you've been buying so much like me. Just try to be safe as possible i.e. when buying from Gumtree go to their house don't meet at your local Tesco or something X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions