Possible to download xbox 360 updates onto pc first?

I think the answer is no, but would like to be sure.....

I have a very slow internet connection at home so would like to download game updates on my pc at work, then transfer them (usb hdd, cd, dvd) to the xbox when home. Is this possible?

7 Comments

Yes it is, download, or load certain games which will update dash. Xblades I think does update from disc.

support.xbox.com/sup…are

dontasciime;6563046

Yes it is, download, or load certain games which will update dash. … Yes it is, download, or load certain games which will update dash. Xblades I think does update from disc. http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?id=933498&lcid=1033&category=hardware

That is for dashboard updates, i think he is talkign baout game updates

Original Poster

Yes i was hoping to install some new maps for civilisation which are available on xbox live, but from what ive read it seems its probably not possible without a direct xbox link t'internet :-(

BorisTheSpider;6566493

Yes i was hoping to install some new maps for civilisation which are … Yes i was hoping to install some new maps for civilisation which are available on xbox live, but from what ive read it seems its probably not possible without a direct xbox link t'internet :-(

Yeah that won't happen other than Game of year

Original Poster

dontasciime;6568591

Yeah that won't happen other than Game of year

While the maps are not important, its a little annoying they dont allow pc downloads!

I guess its to prevent piracy, but im sure if they wanted they could lock pc downloads to ensure they only work on a certain xbox, based on its serial number.

BorisTheSpider;6572860

While the maps are not important, its a little annoying they dont allow … While the maps are not important, its a little annoying they dont allow pc downloads!I guess its to prevent piracy, but im sure if they wanted they could lock pc downloads to ensure they only work on a certain xbox, based on its serial number.

They can in reverse eg you prime it up on pc so that when you switch on 360 you can download DLC addon content to it. I have in past been told after switching on one of my 360 that the download does not match the 360 I set it up for.

M$ is poor for implementation of lots of things the 360 is no exception.

Original Poster

dontasciime;6573618

They can in reverse eg you prime it up on pc so that when you switch on … They can in reverse eg you prime it up on pc so that when you switch on 360 you can download DLC addon content to it. I have in past been told after switching on one of my 360 that the download dose not match the 360 I set it up for.M$ is poor for implementation of lots of things the 360 is no exception.

Its no good for ppl who dont have broadband at home (like me) though.

Im sure if they implemented a pc download system they would make a lot more money, but i guess old gatesy doesnt really need it!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions