Possible to get Cashback from Iceland, on a Credit card?

Found 15th Nov 2011
Insurance is due in 5 days, have enough money to cover it.. but after folking out for the car, petrol costs.. insurance costs... I'm obviously running rediculously low.

I was wondering... as I've read admiral don't change your direct debit date... So.. Can you say, go to iceland, asda etc.. get some shopping and get cashback? Because I know if you get cash out of an ATM with a credit card, I believe it charges you more?

Pay day is next Wednesday. Also due a fair bit tax back, how do I go about claiming that back?

Any ideas? Cheers.
Community Updates
9 Comments
Wonga?
I think the cashback option is only avaliable on debit cards
Original Poster
The credit card is interest free for 50days or so after the purchase, so that's defs the best option, assuming I dont get charged in the same way as withdrawing from an ATM
Original Poster
munnski

I think the cashback option is only avaliable on debit cards

Ah is it? That's a shame then! Wonder if its worth me just withdrawing cash from the ATM on the credit card, as wonga will charge a fair sum too.
At my local Morrisons if you return an item they always give you the refund in cash rather than back on to your credit card - might be an option for you. Buy something of equal value to what you need in cash then return it later the same day or next day for a refund
Original Poster
Cheers for that, Might be worth a try. I know a few people who work in Asda so could try that too if at all possible.
DarrylJohn

Cheers for that, Might be worth a try. I know a few people who work in … Cheers for that, Might be worth a try. I know a few people who work in Asda so could try that too if at all possible.

Nah Asda always refund how you paid
Borrow from Mum, Dad, Sister , Brother, buy them a nice present when you get paid, lot cheaper
Original Poster
Managed to move the direct debit date to the 24th, so all is well. Didn't get charged, which I read you got charged £50, so didn't see that as an option. So will be keeping an eye on the statements!
Edited by: "DarrylJohn" 16th Nov 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions