Possible to get Cashback from Iceland, on a Credit card?

Found 15th Nov 2011
Insurance is due in 5 days, have enough money to cover it.. but after folking out for the car, petrol costs.. insurance costs... I'm obviously running rediculously low.

I was wondering... as I've read admiral don't change your direct debit date... So.. Can you say, go to iceland, asda etc.. get some shopping and get cashback? Because I know if you get cash out of an ATM with a credit card, I believe it charges you more?

Pay day is next Wednesday. Also due a fair bit tax back, how do I go about claiming that back?

Any ideas? Cheers.
Community Updates
9 Comments
Wonga?
I think the cashback option is only avaliable on debit cards
The credit card is interest free for 50days or so after the purchase, so that's defs the best option, assuming I dont get charged in the same way as withdrawing from an ATM
munnski

I think the cashback option is only avaliable on debit cards

Ah is it? That's a shame then! Wonder if its worth me just withdrawing cash from the ATM on the credit card, as wonga will charge a fair sum too.
At my local Morrisons if you return an item they always give you the refund in cash rather than back on to your credit card - might be an option for you. Buy something of equal value to what you need in cash then return it later the same day or next day for a refund
Cheers for that, Might be worth a try. I know a few people who work in Asda so could try that too if at all possible.
DarrylJohn

Cheers for that, Might be worth a try. I know a few people who work in … Cheers for that, Might be worth a try. I know a few people who work in Asda so could try that too if at all possible.

Nah Asda always refund how you paid
Borrow from Mum, Dad, Sister , Brother, buy them a nice present when you get paid, lot cheaper
Managed to move the direct debit date to the 24th, so all is well. Didn't get charged, which I read you got charged £50, so didn't see that as an option. So will be keeping an eye on the statements!
Edited by: "DarrylJohn" 16th Nov 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants