possible to get old steam games ?

Posted 30th Nov
hi theres a few games i used to own on ps2/ps3 ive wanted to play for years but never got round to buying old consoles and games.
Recently i bought a gaming laptop and i noticed beijing Olympics and London 2012 Olympics are on steam but can no longer be purchased, is there a way to buy these from somewhere and install to steam or would they only available illegally somehow ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
They probably aren’t on sale as they aren’t compatible with current os.

Best way to get them is to use an emulator and find the rom online.
cmdr_elito30/11/2019 19:42

They probably aren’t on sale as they aren’t compatible with current os. …They probably aren’t on sale as they aren’t compatible with current os.Best way to get them is to use an emulator and find the rom online.

Thought so, but as ive never emulated on pc was hoping i could get steam code somewhere maybe or buy the old disk and a cheap optical drive.
Haven't got a clue what emulators or files to get, think ill just hope a decent Olympics game is released next year.
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 30th Nov
Mark_Hickman30/11/2019 19:48

Thought so, but as ive never emulated on pc was hoping i could get steam …Thought so, but as ive never emulated on pc was hoping i could get steam code somewhere maybe or buy the old disk and a cheap optical drive.Haven't got a clue what emulators or files to get, think ill just hope a decent Olympics game is released next year.

A Tokyo 2020 game is coming out next year for PC, it's already out in Asia but only on PS4 and Switch.

As for the 2012 version, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere in digital or physical format. Your only other option might be down the dodgy route.
License has expired, so you can't purchase digitally anymore.
McShane130/11/2019 21:00

A Tokyo 2020 game is coming out next year for PC, it's already out in Asia …A Tokyo 2020 game is coming out next year for PC, it's already out in Asia but only on PS4 and Switch. As for the 2012 version, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere in digital or physical format. Your only other option might be down the dodgy route.

Thanks must of missed the announcement of the Tokyo 2020 game, think i can wait a few months for that and just hope it has all the same great game modes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants