Expired

Possible to get Samsung's 50GB free dropbox twice?

Found 26th May 2014
I got 50GB free dropbox bons storage with my Galaxy S3 - this is now expiring. Hoping to get a S5 on renewal soon - Samsung is doing 50GB dropbox bonus again with the S5.

On the same dropbox account - once my S3's free 50GB dropbox bonus expires - is it possible to get a fresh 50GB using S5?

9 Comments

Free Cloud Dashboard
Edited by: "philphil61" 26th May 2014

Original Poster

philphil61

sign up tp other free storage like mega, onedrive etc and use Free Cloud … sign up tp other free storage like mega, onedrive etc and use Free Cloud Dashboard

Most friends use dropbox - it's a bit of a mess to switch-over as sharing / accepting file is not easy across different providers. If the 50GB promo only works once per account - then I will have to clean up the box or pay the fee.

do you trust them with your data

The 50 GB doesnt disappear, you just cant add to it. You should get the bonus 50gb again with a new phone though. As for mega, its ok for one off downloads. And onedrive is just dire.
Edited by: "stoney73" 26th May 2014

stoney73

The 50 GB doesnt disappear, you just cant add to it. You should get the … The 50 GB doesnt disappear, you just cant add to it. You should get the bonus 50gb again with a new phone though. As for mega, its ok for one off downloads. And onedrive is just dire.

Mega is ok for one off downloads? I suggest you look at reality instead of just commenting on something you've never fully investigated. Plus using Mega is more secure and private than the likes of Dropbox (restricted uploading speeds) and OneDrive etc

Quicklite

Most friends use dropbox - it's a bit of a mess to switch-over as sharing … Most friends use dropbox - it's a bit of a mess to switch-over as sharing / accepting file is not easy across different providers. If the 50GB promo only works once per account - then I will have to clean up the box or pay the fee.

With "StorageMadeEasy" it's just like Pidgin - Pidgin is an IM software that allows you to add multiple ID's from various IM software (Yahoo Messenger, GoogleTalk etc) and be online/chat with any of your contacts from the other IM's without the need for opening each IM program

StorageMadeEasy allows you to add ID's/logins from various cloud storage sites and access all from one location - it's doesn't mean you will lose Dropbox but if you have 2 or 3 Dropbox accounts you can access all from one software/app

rick77

Just for the sake of info, the 50GB Box offers are for life.

I got 50gb offer this morning with my tab 3 and the terms said it was only for 24 months. I didn't read them in that much detail though.

philphil61

Mega is ok for one off downloads? I suggest you look at reality instead … Mega is ok for one off downloads? I suggest you look at reality instead of just commenting on something you've never fully investigated. Plus using Mega is more secure and private than the likes of Dropbox (restricted uploading speeds) and OneDrive etc

Get a grip pal. It's my opinion of Mega. I've used it extensively in dealing with colleagues in other countries and we've all found dropbox more user friendly in the real world. Not all my colleagues are geeks or like to tinker to get things 'just right'. We are just about to migrate to Google Drive though seeing as most of us are invested in the Google ecosystem.
Don't assume. You just make an ass out of yourself.
Edited by: "stoney73" 26th May 2014

Cheers rick
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions