Possible to play xbox through laptop?

11 replies
Found 6th Jun 2011
Is it possible to play an Xbox through a laptop?

Just wondering as it has HDMI, and can't see a lot that would stop it working.

anyone know?

11 Comments

Banned

yeah but pretty sure you need to buy a tv card if you dont already have one

I know something that will stop it working... It would be HDMI OUT not IN!

Original Poster

DangerGod

yeah but pretty sure you need to buy a tv card if you dont already have … yeah but pretty sure you need to buy a tv card if you dont already have one

Oh ok, just wondering for when missus n little one are watching one of the many stupid things they watch I could jump on without having to take xbox upstairs.

Sure you need tv card? it is only acting as a display unit as all the data is feeding from the xbox.

Original Poster

norfolk_enchance

I know something that will stop it working... It would be HDMI OUT not IN!

dcx_badass

The fact it is an output and not an input would be a pretty big thing … The fact it is an output and not an input would be a pretty big thing that would stop it working.....

Ok, cheers guys. Thats that one then.

Doubt you would need a TV card but some kind of AV in would help!

No - for a number of reasons. It is possible to run it through a video card, (search hdmi to usb) but the input lag you get from it is unbelievable. AFAIK there is only one brand (Clevo) that produce laptops with HDMI INput as it gets all complicated internally. Nearly all latops HDMI port are output only and so cannot receive the signal from the xbox.

Original Poster

norfolk_enchance

Doubt you would need a TV card but some kind of AV in would help!

Can you recommend anything cheapish that would work?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

If you can handle it in standard definition then an ezcap for £4-6 from … If you can handle it in standard definition then an ezcap for £4-6 from ebay would let you do it.

Cheers mate, probably wont bother then. Used to hi def gaming now standard def will prob look terrible now.

Cheers anyway

Original Poster

dcx_badass

If you can handle it in standard definition then an ezcap for £4-6 from … If you can handle it in standard definition then an ezcap for £4-6 from ebay would let you do it.

Cheers mate, probably wont bother then. Used to hi def gaming now standard def will prob look terrible now.

Cheers anyway

jonny619447

Cheers mate, probably wont bother then. Used to hi def gaming now … Cheers mate, probably wont bother then. Used to hi def gaming now standard def will prob look terrible now.Cheers anyway

You won't notice difference mate on small laptop screen!

Original Poster

norfolk_enchance

You won't notice difference mate on small laptop screen!

Ok, good stuff. Ebay it is then.

Cheers everyone for their input
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best/cheapest music service66
    2. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?311
    3. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?812
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…33

See more discussions