Expired

Possible to reject a refund from Amazon Marketplace seller?

Found 24th Apr
I gave a one star feedback to a Marketplace seller because the item arrived late. The seller has sent me a partial refund for the item and has begged me to remove the negative review.

I really don't want to remove the review, and I think I don't have to return the money back if don't, but in any case I don't want their money.

Is there any way to reject this refund? I've tried to do it online but I don't seem to be able to. And I also want to report this "bribe" to Amazon.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
seems very harsh buddy.
gorgo201521 m ago

So I don't want to accept a bribe and want to return the money back. How …So I don't want to accept a bribe and want to return the money back. How does it make me the boogey man?

It’s not a bribe at all. It’s called compensation. They’re trying to rectify the problem. They haven’t said we’ll give you a refund IF you remove the review. They gave you the refund and just asked that you change your original review which is fair.

You’ve massively overreacted here in my opinion and have been quite unfair to the seller. Seems others think that too.

Now because Royal Mail messed up, you’re trying to get some revenge on the seller by falsely reporting to Amazon that they bribed you. Christ.
1 star for late delivery? Broken Britain.
1 star as it arrives late is a bit harsh in my eyes but I'd do as bluetba said and take the money and donate it.
38 Comments
Just donate it to charity, they can't reverse the refund so just move on.
1 star as it arrives late is a bit harsh in my eyes but I'd do as bluetba said and take the money and donate it.
How late was it, so many places outside of the control of the supplier to blame just them. 1 star seems harsh for late delivery.
seems very harsh buddy.
1 star is for a defective item. If it works then fine but late you knock of maybe 1-2 stars not all of the,
Only a couple of hours ago I gave 4 stars for a company that sent an item but it took nearly 2 weeks longer than it should have. Why, because it was the fault of the couriers not the company..... jus' sayin'
Amazon won't be interested in this, move on
longbowassassin11 m ago

seems very harsh buddy.

First of all they wanted to send another one. I told them I had received it. I could have cashed two items but I have been honest. Does that make it too harsh? And I want to send their refund back to them. Is this too harsh?
chocci33 s ago

See my comment above.
gorgo201551 s ago

See my comment above.

Yes, very harsh. The seller wasn't royal mail.
gorgo20152 m ago

First of all they wanted to send another one. I told them I had received …First of all they wanted to send another one. I told them I had received it. I could have cashed two items but I have been honest. Does that make it too harsh? And I want to send their refund back to them. Is this too harsh?

Yes in mine and a lot of others on here. They are trying to make a living and are trying to be fair with you.
snoopy183 m ago

Yes in mine and a lot of others on here. They are trying to make a living …Yes in mine and a lot of others on here. They are trying to make a living and are trying to be fair with you.

So I don't want to accept a bribe and want to return the money back. How does it make me the boogey man?
gorgo20156 m ago

So I don't want to accept a bribe and want to return the money back. How …So I don't want to accept a bribe and want to return the money back. How does it make me the boogey man?

The fact that they have tried to compensate you for a slow delivery and a harsh review.
1 star means it didn't turn up at all or it was the wrong product etc not a bit late.
Thats just my opinion, I'm sure that won't change yours.
snoopy185 m ago

The fact that they have tried to compensate you for a slow delivery and a …The fact that they have tried to compensate you for a slow delivery and a harsh review.1 star means it didn't turn up at all or it was the wrong product etc not a bit late.Thats just my opinion, I'm sure that won't change yours.

Yes, I get your point, but it's part and parcel of a business to receive negative reviews if they can't manage do fulfil their obligations by the stated date (14 days).
I have spoken to Amazon and they'll send the refund back to the seller. They'll also open an investigation on the email I received from the seller, because that's a bribe.

The negative feedback stays there. Hater gonna hate!
very harsh. post is late, waiting for stock etc. tried to compensate you for the inconvenience....not a bribe in my eyes. people are trying to earn a living a 1 star rating for being late will hurt them.if it was broken faulty not fit for purpose etc then 1 star them. late item no way.
discozohan3 m ago

very harsh. post is late, waiting for stock etc. tried to compensate you …very harsh. post is late, waiting for stock etc. tried to compensate you for the inconvenience....not a bribe in my eyes. people are trying to earn a living a 1 star rating for being late will hurt them.if it was broken faulty not fit for purpose etc then 1 star them. late item no way.

Very weak logic. They have tons of bad feedback for late deliveries.

Pal, if you are in business and screw your customers, the least you can expect is a bad review.

"Trying to earn a living" with my money, that is.
gorgo201521 m ago

It’s not a bribe at all. It’s called compensation. They’re trying to rectify the problem. They haven’t said we’ll give you a refund IF you remove the review. They gave you the refund and just asked that you change your original review which is fair.

You’ve massively overreacted here in my opinion and have been quite unfair to the seller. Seems others think that too.

Now because Royal Mail messed up, you’re trying to get some revenge on the seller by falsely reporting to Amazon that they bribed you. Christ.
Biddy26 m ago

It’s not a bribe at all. It’s called compensation. They’re trying to recti …It’s not a bribe at all. It’s called compensation. They’re trying to rectify the problem. They haven’t said we’ll give you a refund IF you remove the review. They gave you the refund and just asked that you change your original review which is fair.You’ve massively overreacted here in my opinion and have been quite unfair to the seller. Seems others think that too. Now because Royal Mail messed up, you’re trying to get some revenge on the seller by falsely reporting to Amazon that they bribed you. Christ.

Royal Mail hasn't messed up. The item was sent from the US instead of from the UK as described on their seller page. Royal Mail is only the last courier. It was sent from the US via UPS. If they had stated the item is a dropshipping item from overseas and it takes such as such, then fine with me as long as I know. But they cut corners here and there. It's not just about late delivery. This is a crooked business model that Amazon and future buyers need to be aware of.
And this is one of the reasons many companies hate reviews site. It’s sorry op but .... people who want everything yesterday and give poor reviews when the company bent over backwards to help. Like the one yesterday’s who gave 1 star because the restaurant was fully booked.
Not to mention that it's very likely they use dropshipping and this is against Amazon T.O.S.
gorgo20151 m ago

Royal Mail hasn't messed up. The item was sent from the US instead of from …Royal Mail hasn't messed up. The item was sent from the US instead of from the UK as described on their seller page. Royal Mail is only the last courier. It was sent from the US via UPS. If they had stated the item is a dropshipping item from overseas and it takes such as such, then fine with me as long as I know. But they cut corners here and there. It's not just about late delivery. This is a crooked business model that Amazon and future buyers need to be aware of.

Honestly stop posting my friend you are simply making this worse
eslick1 m ago

And this is one of the reasons many companies hate reviews site. It’s s …And this is one of the reasons many companies hate reviews site. It’s sorry op but .... people who want everything yesterday and give poor reviews when the company bent over backwards to help. Like the one yesterday’s who gave 1 star because the restaurant was fully booked.

Please read my comment above and see if you can still make this comparison.
Wow , just read all the comments
I pity the seller having to deal with crap like this
Reminds me of ebay
eslick1 m ago

Honestly stop posting my friend you are simply making this worse

Is this an intimidation? I'll report your post.
Bradleigh2 m ago

Wow , just read all the commentsI pity the seller having to deal with crap …Wow , just read all the commentsI pity the seller having to deal with crap like thisReminds me of ebay

"All the comments" that have not answered my question but have only incited hate. I'll not be intimidated.
gorgo20153 m ago

Not to mention that it's very likely they use dropshipping and this is …Not to mention that it's very likely they use dropshipping and this is against Amazon T.O.S.

Lots of sellers on Amazon ship from other countries. Amazon offer the service themselves. Please stop making things up.

gorgo20152 m ago

Are you serious right now? Intimidation?
I sincerely hope you never buy anything from me.
Biddy24 m ago

Lots of sellers on Amazon ship from other countries. Amazon offer the …Lots of sellers on Amazon ship from other countries. Amazon offer the service themselves

Yes, but they don't do dropshipping. If even the Amazon CS have agreed with me that their email is shady, it must mean something, doesn't it.
jaketheplumber1 m ago

I sincerely hope you never buy anything from me.

What's you business name and address? I'll definitely take note of that.
Was it marital aids ?
gorgo201513 m ago

Yes, but they don't do dropshipping. If even the Amazon CS have agreed …Yes, but they don't do dropshipping. If even the Amazon CS have agreed with me that their email is shady, it must mean something, doesn't it.

Amazon CS just fill you with what you want to hear. I wouldn’t hold weight in what they say.

Amazon do dropship. They will send big items direct from a manufacturer/wholesaler. They used to have a warehouse offshore too that they sent DVDs and games from that they didn’t have in stock on the mainland.

I’ve had plenty of items come from Germany and France with them too. Their Amazon Global Store is even dropshipping by definition.

Just chill out a bit, Op. Crappy service sucks but it could have been worse. They could have just thought “screw you”. They tried to make it right.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 24th Apr
I agree with others, the review is mostly about the item not the experience. If the item was fine it may warrant dropping a star, maybe 2 if its that bad. I guess you either rate 1* or 5* and nothing in between? Seems like you're trying to make the seller suffer to me.
gorgo201517 m ago

How is asking you to stop posting for your own sake intimidation, it’s as far away as intimidation as you can possibly get. Just sums things up that unbelievable.
dirty_stan2 m ago

I agree with others, the review is mostly about the item not the …I agree with others, the review is mostly about the item not the experience. If the item was fine it may warrant dropping a star, maybe 2 if its that bad. I guess you either rate 1* or 5* and nothing in between? Seems like you're trying to make the seller suffer to me.

Stan, it wasn't an item review. It was a seller review. The item is actually quite good and relatively expensive. I've got no problem with the item.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants