Groups

Possible to reserve a domain name for when the current ownership expires?

Does anyione on here know if its possible to reserve a currently registered domain name for when the current owners registration period runs out?

Im looking to buy a domain which is currently registered, but not used for anything. Its only registered until the end of this month, so i would like to somehow submit my interest in buying, for first refusal. I am of course assuming the current owner will not renew.

Is this possible?? Thanks!

8 Comments

Good question - not sure it can be done though. I'd be interested to know the answer for sure too.

You can do it but you'll pay well over the odds for the service.

Original Poster

Shengis;3503639

You can do it but you'll pay well over the odds for the service.

Any idea where?

This is the sort of thing :

networksolutions.com/nam…jsp

Bear in mind though that a domain that expires will probably be 'held' for about 3 months by the registrar just in case the owner decides they still want it. At least that's what GoDaddy seem to do.

Original Poster

Shengis;3503713

This is the sort of thing … This is the sort of thing :http://www.networksolutions.com/namejet/index.jspBear in mind though that a domain that expires will probably be 'held' for about 3 months by the registrar just in case the owner decides they still want it. At least that's what GoDaddy seem to do.

Seems they deal only with specific domains.

They look like one of those annoying companies who buy thosands of domains purely to sell them on to ppl who will actually use them. If they had control over the domain i wanted, id prefer to miss out than pay the likes of them!

Thanks for the post tho :thumbsup:

Anyone else know of similar services who are able to reserve/backorder any domain, without ripping the customer off?

If you show interest in the domain, the current owner will probably renew and then try and sell to you

most will be on auto-renew anyway so you'll be lucky to get anything.

BorisTheSpider;3503851

Seems they deal only with specific domains. They look like one of those … Seems they deal only with specific domains. They look like one of those annoying companies who buy thosands of domains purely to sell them on to ppl who will actually use them. If they had control over the domain i wanted, id prefer to miss out than pay the likes of them!Thanks for the post tho :thumbsup:Anyone else know of similar services who are able to reserve/backorder any domain, without ripping the customer off?

godaddy.com/gds…8aa

Same thing, but they don't just buy domains for resale. Like I said, if you use a service like this you will pay over the odds. If you hire a hitman, he will expect to be paid :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      2. sky q is it a good deal?55
      3. Speccing a gaming pc37
      4. help: windows 10 wifi issue55

See more discussions