Post code error will my parcel still be delivered ?

Found 4th Apr
I posted my parcel at 31 March, and I used Royal Mail 1st class signed for. However, until now, the buyer still haven’t got parcel. When I check the certificate of posting, the post code is Wrong, it should be SO32 instead of SO23, but the post code which I wrote on the parcel is still correct. Does it matters? The parcel still will be delivered or not? Thanks!

-as a first time eBay seller and an overseas student
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Parcel
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Parcel
8 Comments
Nah it'll probably get there today
Its been a 4 day Bank Holiday weekend , very little post moves and creates a backlog . You posted it Saturday 31 March so should be delivered today or tomorrow . (Monday was a bank holiday also). Postcode error on receipt won't matter .
Edited by: "rogparki" 4th Apr
If you have addressed it correctly then it should get there as normal. If you muddled the first 4 digits of the postcode it may be mis-sorted and eventually find it's way to the address.

If the parcel is lost and the post code on the certificate of posting is wrong, then you might have an issue with a claim. Hopefully not.
Edited by: "windym" 4th Apr
windym1 h, 7 m ago

If you have addressed it correctly then it should get there as normal. If …If you have addressed it correctly then it should get there as normal. If you muddled the first 4 digits of the postcode it may be mis-sorted and eventually find it's way to the address.If the parcel is lost and the post code on the certificate of posting is wrong, then you might have an issue with a claim. Hopefully not.

I had a packet from eBay go missing once. It had been sent normal second class as it was a very low value item.
I refunded the buyer and then filled in the form to get back my money from RM. I then saw the address on the receipt had the wrong house number.
They still paid out but I was worried because of the house number being different from what was on the eBay order.

This doesn't mean errors don't matter... as the people reviewing the claims are not the same for every claim but in my experience it wasn't an issue luckily.
Original Poster
Thanks guys, your comments are so useful! Thanks god, it arrived just now.
nbwuwd1 h, 20 m ago

Thanks guys, your comments are so useful! Thanks god, it arrived just now.

Result. Nice to hear the claim the other time went well, thanks for the info.
rogparki11 h, 56 m ago

Its been a 4 day Bank Holiday weekend , very little post moves and …Its been a 4 day Bank Holiday weekend , very little post moves and creates a backlog . You posted it Saturday 31 March so should be delivered today or tomorrow . (Monday was a bank holiday also). Postcode error on receipt won't matter .

Is correct.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions