Groups
    EXPIRED

Post Gold For Cash?

Has anyone giving these a go? As im thinking of "trying" them as a one off.

19 Comments

You get peanuts and if you wanted the items back you have to pay a small fortune.

I sent a few hooped ear rings, 2 broken rings and got about £13.

However I went through Quidco and got £23 cashback as well.

If you not bothered how much you get then go for it, If you want a fair price look elsewhere.

Yep - I found 2 very old and different single earings and paid me fiver! I tried to weigh them but it didn't register any weight so a fiver for nothing! It's also tracked my quidco but I'm not holding my breath on that!

Sometimes if you reject their first lowball offer, they come back with a much better one that usually reflects market value.

go through the metro newspaper mate, better offers from them tbh i found

deathtrap3000;7779714

Sometimes if you reject their first lowball offer, they come back with a … Sometimes if you reject their first lowball offer, they come back with a much better one that usually reflects market value.

Their second offer is higher, but WAY below market value... Avoid like the plague!

Your better off going to a jewellery shop... I went to Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter and received £80 for 2 broken chains (didn't think they were worth anything, £80 was so much more than what I paid for them brand new, lol!).

linuxlinks;7779782

Their second offer is higher, but WAY below market value... Avoid like … Their second offer is higher, but WAY below market value... Avoid like the plague!

I meant reflects the price you would get on the second hand market. In some cases its more than you would get from the high street.

deathtrap3000;7779952

I meant reflects the price you would get on the second hand market. In … I meant reflects the price you would get on the second hand market. In some cases its more than you would get from the high street.

I know what you intended, and it still remains the case that you get much more from the high street than using the above rip off merchants.

linuxlinks;7780134

I know what you intended, and it still remains the case that you get much … I know what you intended, and it still remains the case that you get much more from the high street than using the above rip off merchants.

Not all of the time though, as proved by the one show.

deathtrap3000;7780153

Not all of the time though, as proved by the one show.

In 99.9% of the time...

linuxlinks;7780245

In 99.9% of the time...

They tried 5 places and one came back with an offer equal to the high street and another came back with an offer that beat the high street. So definately 99.99% if your maths are correct.

I tried sending some bullion, but it wouldnt fit through the post box :x

The wife sent her to here:

hattongardenmetals.com

They gave the best price of anywhere I tried and I tried at least 10 different places,hope this helps

:thumbsup:

there was a story in my local newspaper a woman sent off gold got offered £85 she took it to a shop in town and they gave her £850 for it

they are a rip off, thats why there are so many.

Carley;7780500

I will only use ] Hatton Garden, very good service and good prices.

Thanks for posting that link, just weighed my scrap & was shocked they estimated it at £73.62
    :w00t:

boothy;7780664

I always use thesehttp://www.catsforgold.com/

yes ive found them very competitve as well.

Apparently you'll get a better deal going to local dealers/jewellers etc.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
    2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
    3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions