Post lost by parcelforce?

2 replies
Found 20th Sep 2016
Quick question: I think my parcel might be lost in transit. What usually happens? Sent a friend loads of DVDs by Parcelforce. It was guaranteed to arrive today.

Parcelforce's tracking are in 6 steps - (1. Despatched, 2. Collection depot,3. Hub,4. In delivery depot,5. Out for delivery, 6. Delivered). The item is still stuck at despatched. I spoke to the local deport in the late afternoon - they had a quick look for it, and couldn't find it - said they'll call me back (not sure how hopeful to be). I'll obviously give them a followup tomorrow - though at the moment really have no idea if it's lost or not.

The collection driver didn't have the postage label when he came (I ticked bring label); instead he wrote the postcode down & said he'll put the label on later - I send a box or two with them, so it didn't seem odd. I got the text confirmation yesterday too (usually get this once drive drops the collection at the local deport). So it definitely reached their deport - maybe it's only been a day - give it time? Ideas welcomed.

(rather odd to have dvds get lost - haven't got mind around to work out how lost compensation yet)

1. Ask
  2. Parcel
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Parcel
2 Comments

You have the tracking number I hope, call the main customer service number, not the depot , they should give you an incident number,if the parcel cannot be found you will be entitled to claim for the loss ,you may be able to claim for non delivery ,if the parcel is found,but normally the upgrade the parcel to 0900 delivery, however you must be firm with them as they will try to fob you off

Original Poster

tasape

You have the tracking number I hope, call the main customer service … You have the tracking number I hope, call the main customer service number, not the depot , they should give you an incident number,if the parcel cannot be found you will be entitled to claim for the loss ,you may be able to claim for non delivery ,if the parcel is found,but normally the upgrade the parcel to 0900 delivery, however you must be firm with them as they will try to fob you off

Yep got the tracking number - will give them a ring tomorrow first thing. Guess as there is nothing I can do until then - best be optimistic and hope the tracking info will update in the morning. One has to live in hope I suppose.
Cheers.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3599
    2. Boredom11
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)72568
    4. Add one, leave one game54415474

See more discussions