Groups

post office broadband

I picked up a post office leaflet with current offer of £20 a month 18 month contract for broadband and line rental. I read the small print and it says line rental included. Seems like a really good deal. Its just that on martin lewis website its not mentioned anywhere, so wondered if theres a catch I'm not seeing. Also says price fixed for length of contract. If anyone has opinion on this i would appreciate it please. Many thanks

6 Comments

It would be for line rental plus standard (non-fibre) ADSL broadband with a top speed of up to 17Mbps. All providers have to include line rental as part of the package price now. Most providers can offer a similar price to this for line rental + ADSL broadband. Personally would never go for more than a 12 month contract with any provider.

Edited by: "robertr" 6th May

Banned

£18.99 per month with Sky plus £70 cashback with Quidco on a 12 month contract
    Edited by: "TheAccountant12" 6th May

robertr

...Personally would never go for more than a 12 month contract with any … ...Personally would never go for more than a 12 month contract with any provider.

If the deal is good, I would commit to a longer contract. I've had 12m deals equiv to around £5 / month, I would be OK with agreeing to say a 24m deal at that price from a provider who I was happy with.

Last time I looked at a Post Office deal, the price stated was for the 1st 12 months then it was hiked for the remaining 6 months. Only showed in small print. If you give them your postcode they can give an approx download speed which is usually rubbish.

I have the broadband, admittedly I live in the countryside, but it's the most awful service I have ever had

Original Poster

Right, thanks for all that. I think i'll skip it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. parquet floor sanded57
      2. Decent hoover66
      3. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…22
      4. Parcel Hero weight adjustment22

See more discussions