Groups

post office broadband

hi can anyone tell me if there service is any good as thinking of leaving orange after there major price increase

17 Comments

Misc is for this sort of question. Feedback is not for feedback on the world, its for feedback on the website. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ok can a mod move this post to misc for me

It's BT Wholesales product rebranded as post office broadband

Paddy_o_furniture;5569245

It's BT Wholesales product rebranded as post office broadband

So is virtually every other ADSL service. I think you meant to say it's a BT Wholesale managed product (Wholesale Broadband Managed Connect ).

I'm on post office broadband extra and I have no complaints, I've never had to contact their customer service so I can't vouch for the quality of that. I've used up to 60GB in a month before and not noticed any slowdown so it's probably good for at least that. Did you have anything specific you wanted to know about?

My son has it in mid Wales and gets a good 7 meg from an 8 meg connection. My daughter has it in her flat and gets about 6 for an 8 meg, but she has more housing around her. Nether had had a problem in the last 6 months.

Original Poster

i have got 2 pcs in my house mainly general surfing like here and ebay and playing on pogo will there broadband extra be ok for me

Post Office BB "Problem number 5"

I used to be called Bt broadband scope

dontasciime;5570567

Post Office BB "Problem number 5"I used to be called Bt broadband scope

huh?

madinternetuser;5570367

i have got 2 pcs in my house mainly general surfing like here and ebay … i have got 2 pcs in my house mainly general surfing like here and ebay and playing on pogo will there broadband extra be ok for me

Yeah, you'll have no problem with it.

EndlessWaves;5569513

So is virtually every other ADSL service. I think you meant to say it's a … So is virtually every other ADSL service. I think you meant to say it's a BT Wholesale managed product (Wholesale Broadband Managed Connect ).I'm on post office broadband extra and I have no complaints, I've never had to contact their customer service so I can't vouch for the quality of that. I've used up to 60GB in a month before and not noticed any slowdown so it's probably good for at least that. Did you have anything specific you wanted to know about?

Most ADSL services are LLU products now, so must aren't wholesale products. BT Broadband being the exception.

Original Poster

unless you live in certain areas then llu dont apply

Paddy_o_furniture;5572484

Most ADSL services are LLU products now, so must aren't wholesale … Most ADSL services are LLU products now, so must aren't wholesale products. BT Broadband being the exception.

That'd be a surprise considering only an average of 30-40% or so of exchanges are actually unbundled: samknows.com/bro…php

LLU equipment is mostly installed by the big ISPs so you may find there's a slight majority of customers on LLU, but on any other count you care to name like ISPs or services/packages it's definitely a minority.

Paddy_o - What's your current Job ?

dontasciime;5577649

Paddy_o - What's your current Job ?

I'm an Openreach customer service engineer, I have no idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to ADSL :whistling:

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;5578039

I'm an Openreach customer service engineer, I have no idea of what I'm … I'm an Openreach customer service engineer, I have no idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to ADSL :whistling:

lol i wouldnt say that round where i live i know of 2 customers that have had bt openreach engineers at there property trying to fix there internet , they say it is fixed then within a few days internets off agin and out come the guysin there openreach vans , i have to laugh every time i see them in the town

madinternetuser;5656002

lol i wouldnt say that round where i live i know of 2 customers that have … lol i wouldnt say that round where i live i know of 2 customers that have had bt openreach engineers at there property trying to fix there internet , they say it is fixed then within a few days internets off agin and out come the guysin there openreach vans , i have to laugh every time i see them in the town

We only get 2 hours to fix the fault (on standard ADSL tasks)

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5656447

We only get 2 hours to fix the fault (on standard ADSL tasks)

Great. What time can you get here?

guv;5656459

Great. What time can you get here?

For you Mr Guv anytime sir, you still having grief?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions