Postage and returns to ebay sellers.

Done under entertainment so fire away.

"Hello ******,
We've informed the seller that the item wasn't as described.

The seller has offered you a full refund for the purchase price plus original postage & packaging, if you return the item. To get your refund, post the item back to the seller. You will need to cover the cost of returning the item. Make sure you send the item by 13 Jan, 2011.

Refund information:
Once the item is delivered to the seller, you will receive a full refund of £12.95. The refund will include the purchase price plus original postage & packaging.
"

Complete tosh, since when has this been normal practice have emailed the seller back and ebay have a copy. I said I would take the matter further if needed.

The item was a pair of pillows (memory foam)

Which lasted a week before they lost shape.

They came back and stated that it was because the pillows got cold -5.c (in my bedroom/house very much doubtful.) The fix was to warm them up by standing on them so they would reshape. This only did a little bit, they admitted it was a manufacturers fault. So why send them in the first place?

Anyway anything I can legally do to make them return postage. Ebay really is getting more and more pathetic.

7 Comments

well im assuming its normal practice for retailers to provide full refund inc p&p incase of a providing a faulty item. You would need to check there terms & conditons and also what the law states if you dont find anything in their t&c. Would of helped but ive done this sort of thing before and takes too much time looking into the law etc. best of luck

Original Poster

MR1123

well im assuming its normal practice for retailers to provide full refund … well im assuming its normal practice for retailers to provide full refund inc p&p incase of a providing a faulty item. You would need to check there terms & conditons and also what the law states if you dont find anything in their t&c. Would of helped but ive done this sort of thing before and takes too much time looking into the law etc. best of luck

If they don't come back with something positive will be a negative and seeking further advice, ridiculous that this is common practice.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil

It is common practise unfortunatly, and you have to send it back using a … It is common practise unfortunatly, and you have to send it back using a trackable method ( so more expense for you ) so that they don't claim they didn't receive it.I can understand if you just changed your mind, but for faulty goods and goods not as described, you get ALL of your money back.

Is that suggestive of postage charges, as they don't state that?

Banned

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it mate.

Oh,wait...

Original Poster

DangerGod

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it mate.Oh,wait...

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens10073071_1269028182basil_brush.jpg

BOOM BOOM

DangerGod

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it mate.Oh,wait...

I wouldn't take it lying down either....

I normally message them & ask them will they refund my postage due to it not being my fault the item is faulty & so should not be out of pocket.

PS:I'll leave the correct Feedback once we sort out this faulty item you sent me.

has worked for me on last 2 occasions & before that i never used to ask for postage refunds.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846092
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??77
    3. Xbox One X - (News, updates, etc)3381
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213601

See more discussions