Found 2nd Mar 2008
Quick really stupid question.

Someone from Jersey has just won an Ebay item of mine. I've never posted anything there before.

What postage rate does it fall under?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

Think this is the same as the UK for postage as it is part of the UK

Original Poster

lesleysherrock;1660221

Thanks. The buyers address had a UK postcode, but wanted to double check. :thumbsup:

lesleysherrock;1660221

"The Channel Islands (Norman: Îles d'la Manche, French: Îles Anglo-Normandes or Îles de la Manche) are a group of islands in the English Channel, off the French coast of Normandy that depend on the British Crown but are not part of the UK. "

Thats from wikipedia..

[url]www.royalmail.com[/url] should help you wrk out the cost of postage to charge.

definately the same as the UK postage prices

posted a phone there and it was a normal price, the phone ended up being faulty and he tried posting it back and he got hit with a £35 customs charge lolol

yus786

yus786;1660588

he got hit with a £35 customs charge lolol

ouch

If you're posting to the Channel Islands you should use a Customs Sticker CN22.
Also should have an Air Mail sticker if indeed that's how you are sending it.

Make sure you fill it in correctly

Banned

yus786;1660588

definately the same as the UK postage pricesposted a phone there and it … definately the same as the UK postage pricesposted a phone there and it was a normal price, the phone ended up being faulty and he tried posting it back and he got hit with a £35 customs charge lololyus786

i thought it was the receiver that got stung for charges not the sender:?

sassie;1660692

i thought it was the receiver that got stung for charges not the sender:?

It is ! Confused me also ?

Banned

hottoshop;1660710

It is ! Confused me also ?

and you though i will wait for that sassie to come along and embaress herself incase your wrong - lol, well here i am:p

lol stop being paranoid , you're passing it on....... (joking)

Banned

hottoshop;1660720

lol stop being paranoid , you're passing it on.......

lol - its fun to share;-)

lol yeah it is the reciever, but i aint gonna pay £35 for sh*t lolol so told him to pay it. he ended up getting the item back and i havent heard from him since

yus786

Ahhh my home town :-) Yeah its the same to jersey as the UK.... ive only ever had to fill in a customs form once. Yet whenever my family send anything up to me they have to fill in the customs slip.

yus786;1660588

definately the same as the UK postage pricesposted a phone there and it … definately the same as the UK postage pricesposted a phone there and it was a normal price, the phone ended up being faulty and he tried posting it back and he got hit with a £35 customs charge lololyus786

Thats odd, as the reciever should only get hit for tax on the inital receipt of the item..... if custom charges arose from sending it back its you who gets stung with it. We have had quite a bit of stuff stopped at customs when my family are sending stuff to me and its me who has to pay the customs charge (although not had to yet as they are usually pretty good)

emasu;1660248

"The Channel Islands (Norman: Îles d'la Manche, French: Îles A … "The Channel Islands (Norman: Îles d'la Manche, French: Îles Anglo-Normandes or Îles de la Manche) are a group of islands in the English Channel, off the French coast of Normandy that depend on the British Crown but are not part of the UK. "Thats from wikipedia..

As I was saying
'Think this is the same as the UK for postage '
Thats from lesleysherrock .... lol :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983229
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247552
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427114623
    4. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1115

See more discussions