Groups

Postal Delays ?

Expected at this time of Year I know but is anyone expecting anything that hasn't arrived yet ?. I'm waiting on two parcels at the moment, one was posted from an ebay seller last Thursday (Consisting of a 10M Ethernet Cable & 2x 3M HDMI Cables, I assume that would come with the normal postman ?) and one that was posted yesterday. Neither have arrived yet !. What's the expected delay this time of year exactly ?

Both sent Via 1st Class !

25 Comments

depends on the size of the packet if its big it might be the royal mail van, but yeah my delivert times have slowed by 2 or more days then usual

I sent a 1st class parcel on Thursday and it only arrived today. I suppose due to the Xmas, things are taking extra longer. I thought they employed extra staff for this busy period but it obviously has little effect on delivery. Do not even get me started on the time that the post man is dropping my mail these days - a total different discussion

I must admit the postal service where I live is excellent - still getting next day deliver on first class items posted from the midlands - Wales etc
    but in London and the south - sending first class to there has taken a week

i waited a whole week for a dvd from hmv, that was from despatched email

Original Poster

Not just my area then, Lol. My postie is a bit on/off each day aswell, he usually doesn't turn up until after 1PM. He likes to change the order he posts on this street aswell.

Thanks for the input guys !

:thumbsup:

I posted a parcel 1st class last monday and it only arrived today.

Amazon order allegedly despatched on the 8th.....still no sign.

I posted a parcel last tuesday and the buyer is chasing me now....:oops:

Posted a Tom and Jerry 5 dvd box set in october never delivered (althought I suspect the buyer played foul). Now, Royal Mail has sent me 6 First class stamps as compensation.:x

my postie woke me up by ringing the doorbell at half 6 this morning,jumped out of bed in a panic thinking it would be someone telling me my cars been done over again and it was the postman!! he doesnt usually deliver til late afternoon

the post does seem to be on a big go slow at the moment,a 2nd class packet took 10 days to reach me

My post seems to be fine (saying that I got a letter from two years ago a week ago.........)

Our postie has admitted they are holding post back and there is too much for the rounds so dont expect much on time. Apparently they have been in on extra shifts to sort it but they cant deliver it all as the posties cant carry it all. After all - a second delivery in the day was NEVER a good idea was it????? (BTW - that last bit - sarchasm - juse in case any post managers are reading this!!!)

My latest lovefilm disk took 7 days - usually arrives next day, it's so irritating!

Royal mail are hopeless. Maybe it is just in my area but they no longer deliver anything bigger than a letter to a flat, you have to go pick it up at the sorting office. So as I live in the city centre we have postie that drops red cards in letter boxes and never delivers a package.

I was posted something by Play over a week ago, was going to call my sorting office to see if it was there, but last night had a missed delivery note thing from the postman, and it said the 6th December...I knew it had not been there for 10days, so I checked my order on play, and I only ordered on the 6th December, so it's pretty clear my postman has made it up...suprised it didnt go missing though, like the last lot of stuff.

i have a lot of stuff coming to my home address at the moment,bits i buy off the net for xmas,all my dads works materials,his ebay stuff and work coming in for my dad,just lately the posties seems to have been letting it mount up til theres a sack full before they bring it out to me

Theres no way a parcel (using parcelforce) posted yesterday would arrive today. Parcels take 2-3 working days to be delivered.

last year was amazing, I think it was last year delivery times were normal and also had stuff being delivered on a sunday

Banned

i hope you are all planning on treating your postie to a little something for xmas as they have a seriously tough job at the moment with all the extra mail and the cold!

maybe he or she might treat you a little differently as i know mine does

pair of thermal socks n a selection box goes a long way

ttsese;3781554

last year was amazing, I think it was last year delivery times were … last year was amazing, I think it was last year delivery times were normal and also had stuff being delivered on a sunday

This year the collections from POs have been excellent 6-7 collections per day instead of the usual 2 (at least in my area).

casparwhite;3781597

i hope you are all planning on treating your postie to a little something … i hope you are all planning on treating your postie to a little something for xmas as they have a seriously tough job at the moment with all the extra mail and the cold!maybe he or she might treat you a little differently as i know mine doespair of thermal socks n a selection box goes a long way

We have a different postman everday in my area lol

Banned

MunkiMadz;3781954

well buy a bundle of thermal socks n give em all a pair lol

Original Poster

MunkiMadz;3781954

Same here at the moment !

Original Poster

Still haven't received either !. I hate wating for stuff, fairly sure the Ebay Parcel will have gone for good now but I'm sure on the other one.

Will have to pop into the local delivery office tomorrow to make sure they don't have them there.

:x

Been waiting a week for dvd's from HMV, getting a little worried now that they may not arrive in time.

Royal Mail are going to be delivering post this Sunday (21st December) to help clear the backlog
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
      2. Flights only Dominican Republic33
      3. Buy back on Euros to £££34
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?59

See more discussions