Postal orders; how to they work?

Got a postal order as payment, for the first time ever so unsure of how to retrieve money the quickest.

If i go to the post office will they cash it there and then?

thanks guys

8 Comments

The post office will cash it there and then as long as it hasn't got ****** on the front on the postal order. If it has you can only pay it into your bank.

Original Poster

whats ******?

Some Stars?

Original Poster

oh right, (just looked) my one says pay:*****yada yada yada*****************************
So i can only go to the bank then? What makes it a postal order then

h_360;3158619

oh right, (just looked) my one says pay:*****yada yada … oh right, (just looked) my one says pay:*****yada yada yada*****************************So i can only go to the bank then? What makes it a postal order then

Cause it was bought at the post office

As long as it's uncrossed the PO will cash it... Have a wee look ]here for an example

h_360;3158619

oh right, (just looked) my one says pay:*****yada yada … oh right, (just looked) my one says pay:*****yada yada yada*****************************So i can only go to the bank then? What makes it a postal order then

It's basically a postal cheque,

Some people don't like giving their bank details out, So probably feel it's safer to send a postal order.

Plus other reasons

All postal orders have************************on them. This dosent mean its crossed. Its only crossed if it has two solid lines from the top to the bottom - then it must be presented through the bank.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2070
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861856
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846141
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183823

See more discussions