Expired

POSTAL ORDERS please explain

11 replies
Found 25th Jul 2009
Hello all,
I am a bit weary about exchanging details now over the internet seeing as I have had them stolen recently and nearly slammed with a £800 purchase!!

Anyway I have only just found out about Postal orders, are these more secure??
Also, what is the charge associated with them (10% of the face value
Fees capped at £10.00)?
Does it mean if I get a postal order worth £50 I would have to pay £55?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Here's the link on the Post Office website for ref:
postoffice.co.uk/por…709

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

If your that worried about paying on net i would get one of those prepay credit cards.Like the sun one offered on here a day or two ago i think.Cost £5.00 but money back quidco or was it new of world cash back thing.

The answers are all in the website . . .

"Does it mean if I get a postal order worth £50 I would have to pay £55?" YES

Original Poster

Ok, just wanted to make sure.
So if I wanted to buy something off here, all I would need is the person's name to write on the postal order then send it to them in the post?
And vice versa?

Sloth/Mod

niminator;5844175

Ok, just wanted to make sure.So if I wanted to buy something off here, … Ok, just wanted to make sure.So if I wanted to buy something off here, all I would need is the person's name to write on the postal order then send it to them in the post?And vice versa?

Yes............but if sending a Postal Order then remember to send it Recorded so you can track it.

Original Poster

Syzable;5844240

Yes............but if sending a Postal Order then remember to send it … Yes............but if sending a Postal Order then remember to send it Recorded so you can track it.

:thumbsup: thanks for the reminder.
Suppose it would help too, in case it gets lost.

Original Poster

bigwheels;5844142

If your that worried about paying on net i would get one of those prepay … If your that worried about paying on net i would get one of those prepay credit cards.Like the sun one offered on here a day or two ago i think.Cost £5.00 but money back quidco or was it new of world cash back thing.

Think this is it
http://www.thesunprepaid.co.uk/images/en/ph_card_sun_main.gif
Thanks will look into that too.:thumbsup:
Mind you, the deal got kinda cold?
hotukdeals.com/ite…-c/

and don't lose the postal order receipt as that's the only way to prove it was cashed should the other person deny receiving it.

And make sure the order is "crossed" i.e., marked "Account payee" so they have to pay it into an account, not just swap it for cash.

Original Poster

Thanks all, for the advice, rep given.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415451
    2. word association Game74244928
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114654
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769528

See more discussions