Groups
    EXPIRED

Postal service from US to UK??

Banned
    I have recently spotted an item on the American ebay site or ebay.com in other words. I contacted the seller and she says it is possible to send the trousers over from America, although shipping would be $23.50. I don't think this is too bad, but I'm sure there is a cheaper route. The seller claims this is a quote from usps, but has also stated the following: "Hi, usps quote to ship to UK says $23.50. If you know of a cheaper way, let me know. Thank you, Janine".

Surely there is a cheaper option to send something as light as a pair of lounge pants similar to the link provided: jackwills.com/Pro…jpg

Is there another option available that anyone can recommend??

Thanks in advance
    David

9 Comments

international flat rate. i buy things from america quite often. it's about £11.00 i think.

yeah only problem is the dollar isnt strong any more and $23 was like £13 a few month ago now its like £20 also i bought a bag about 6 months ago from ebay.com and i was charged by customs and parcel force so keep this in mind.

starsparkle2311;4005776

Doesn't £11.00 work out the same as $23.50?

No becuase the dollar is around $1.44 to the british pound at the mo its terrible ! So $23.50 is roughly £16.31

$23.50 is an awful lot for a pair of trousers if there light ...put it this way i buy in wwe figures and sell them in the uk .... 1 figure normally coasts $4.90 to post and a seller will normally charge around $6 you have to be weary of the americans trying to get as much money back of us thinking we dont have a clue ! I was posted a new boxed wrestling ring few figures and accessories and was only charged $26 !!

Depending how fast you want it flat rate is the cheapest way, i suspect they have quoted you for priorty mail.

Ask them to weigh it and have a look at the american postal service website yourself.

Ask them to mark the custom lable as gift other wise you will get stopped by customs and charged a fortune !!

Original Poster Banned

starsparkle2311;4005776

Doesn't £11.00 work out the same as $23.50?

It works out at around £15, but I still feel £11 is expensive. I have no experience of this matter whatsoever so I might just have to go with the postage offered.

Original Poster Banned

greyparrot;4005787

yeah only problem is the dollar isnt strong any more and $23 was like £13 … yeah only problem is the dollar isnt strong any more and $23 was like £13 a few month ago now its like £20 also i bought a bag about 6 months ago from ebay.com and i was charged by customs and parcel force so keep this in mind.

I would always get them to mark as a gift even though some sellers don't like doing it.

usa postal service site ..

ircalc.usps.gov/

Original Poster Banned

bakewelltart;4005849

No becuase the dollar is around $1.44 to the british pound at the mo its … No becuase the dollar is around $1.44 to the british pound at the mo its terrible ! So $23.50 is roughly £16.31$23.50 is an awful lot for a pair of trousers if there light ...put it this way i buy in wwe figures and sell them in the uk .... 1 figure normally coasts $4.90 to post and a seller will normally charge around $6 you have to be weary of the americans trying to get as much money back of us thinking we dont have a clue ! I was posted a new boxed wrestling ring few figures and accessories and was only charged $26 !!Depending how fast you want it flat rate is the cheapest way, i suspect they have quoted you for priorty mail.Ask them to weigh it and have a look at the american postak service website yourself.Ask them to mark the custom lable as gift other wise you will get stopped by customs and charged a fortune !!

Some good points. I'm in no rush for them and a flat rate for standard mail would be far more suitable.

Thanks again.

Ur welcome, hope it helped x

Original Poster Banned

All helpers repped. Anyone else got some more suggestions?? (Bump)

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 90" curtain pole without a centre bracket!?11
      2. Car park fine UKPC77
      3. Boxes for moving house?55
      4. Speccing a gaming pc36

See more discussions