Groups

Posting a Computer Tower, with insurance for £400

I've looked at the usual places, but with insurance they seem to be about £50!

What's the best way to send a computer tower so that it is insured for the full value?

8 Comments

I think with parcel2go you can pay an extra £2 or so to get it up to that amount of insurance though like every reseller they have bad reps for paying out

Original Poster

Parcel2Go want an extra £25 to cover up to £500, and have to use a more expensive base service as well. comes out at £50 ish, that was where i tried

send with normal insurance but bubble wrap it ....... i have sent xbox's & dvd's thru courier and always been fine

Original Poster

Hmm, how is ParcelTree? DHL Diamond is £20.55 insured for up to £500

Banned

Interparcel...It's £16.95 for next day...I sent a Vaio a few weeks back with them and got it covered up to £1000

Banned

peodude;3026473

Hmm, how is ParcelTree? DHL Diamond is £20.55 insured for up to £500

I've used them a few times, the communication isn't good as parcel2go, as in you get less progress emails and they don't provide a printable packing slip....but they are about 20% cheaper so it's worth it

tip: write on parcel RETURNING FOR REPAIR

to stop it getting nicked.

thx to another HUKD er for this tip. i am just sharing it cos i thought it was clever

Original Poster

blackpeppa;3026661

tip: write on parcel RETURNING FOR REPAIRto stop it getting nicked.

It is a good idea, but mightn't this affect the way they handle it, if they think it is broke anyway?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?33
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047150
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66

See more discussions