Posting a mobile to Romania after selling it on ebay

Found 2nd Apr
I have sold my lg g4 as spare and repair as it had a bootloop. The buyer has 100 odd feedback on ebay apparently, but he is from Romania. I received another offer from someone in Poland but I rejected that as he was offering a silly amount.
I don't understand how people from other countries can buy from here, I mean yes as a big shop like we buy from China's gearbest but I didn't know ebay have changed some rules.

I have asked him to pay £12 postage which tracks the mobile via royal mail delivery and at the same time I am covered for £50 should it get lost.

Is there anything I should worry about??
Community Updates
AskMobiles
Top comments
Nightmare when someone out of country wants to buy.
Cancel it, list again as UK only. Save yourself the ball ache
Misslovely4 h, 54 m ago

I'm really annoyed with ebay. My other mobile has been sold in Italy. …I'm really annoyed with ebay. My other mobile has been sold in Italy. Were do these people come from! He has loads of reviews. I will ring ebay up and see what they have to say

Its not ebays fault you didn't check uk only when listing
12 Comments
Is it tracked with a signature? If not it’s possible he could file a paypal dispute get his money back and keep the item
Nightmare when someone out of country wants to buy.
Cancel it, list again as UK only. Save yourself the ball ache
For future reference, check your settings for "Exclude postage locations" when creating a listing if you're uncomfortable with sending internationally.

More generally, Site preferences > Buyer requirements.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 2nd Apr
I only sell within the UK.
I'm really annoyed with ebay. My other mobile has been sold in Italy. Were do these people come from! He has loads of reviews.
I will ring ebay up and see what they have to say
You need to check when you do a listing that shipping isn't set to worldwide. I think it might be the default setting. Can't remember.

If you don't change it to UK only your item appears also on eBay Italy etc.
I browse eBay Italy sometimes, as I'm Italian, and lots of UK and German listings appear. There are A LOT of them.
Not the buyer's fault unless you did specify UK only in the description.

Anyway if you send tracked it's not any riskier than sending to some UK dishonest buyer. Buyer will be aware that shipping will be more expensive etc.
Edited by: "hearts22" 3rd Apr
Misslovely4 h, 54 m ago

I'm really annoyed with ebay. My other mobile has been sold in Italy. …I'm really annoyed with ebay. My other mobile has been sold in Italy. Were do these people come from! He has loads of reviews. I will ring ebay up and see what they have to say

Its not ebays fault you didn't check uk only when listing
If you’re sending it via Ebay’s Global Shipping Program then you are covered as far as delivery. When it is received at their depot within the UK they send you an email confirmation of receipt for onward delivery. If anything then happens and the item is lost or damaged in transit then you are covered by EBay’s refund policy.
Personally I think it is safer as a seller to use this method as less likely to get scammed than by someone in the UK who tries to make a fraudulent claim.
Check the delivery address, if you’ve got to send it direct to the buyer in Romania then I would cancel and relist.
Toptrumpet3 h, 14 m ago

If you’re sending it via Ebay’s Global Shipping Program then you are cov …If you’re sending it via Ebay’s Global Shipping Program then you are covered as far as delivery. When it is received at their depot within the UK they send you an email confirmation of receipt for onward delivery. If anything then happens and the item is lost or damaged in transit then you are covered by EBay’s refund policy.Personally I think it is safer as a seller to use this method as less likely to get scammed than by someone in the UK who tries to make a fraudulent claim.Check the delivery address, if you’ve got to send it direct to the buyer in Romania then I would cancel and relist.

I spoke to ebay and apparently it's says "delivery to UK only" so he had no clue why people from eu were trying to buy them. I have cancelled the sale and cancelled the offer for the s8.

He has escalated the case to the right department to check why this happened
I wouldn’t
Just don't.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions