Posting an iMac? Can anyone recommend a good courier?

I've been on Interparcel and it says that computers are restricted.

Can anyone suggest a decent company to use?

Any help would be appreciated.

10 Comments

Parcelmonkey

Its restricted on Interparcel - you can still use them but you are only covered for the basic protection (ie minimum compensation). If you do use them, I'd send it via their UPS service and put further packing/protection round the original packaging.
Edited by: "gari189" 26th Dec 2010

" micro processors, electronic components, mobile telephones and accessories over £250 in value"

T&Cs section 8(3) do these companies carry anything now

Best bet may be the RM these 3rd partiy companies are good for low value items but chcking their T&Cs they seem to have a get out clause for anything of value even if you take added insurance.

Royal mail...obviously more expensive but in my experience more reliable for higher value items along as you get insurance

Agrees use rmsd .. Pack it well.. Should be fine sent MacBooks in the post using it and no problems

Original Poster

Cheers for all your help guys, i really wanted to use RMSD, but I believe the max weight is 10KG and the iMac weighs 12KG.

If Royal Mail is no good, what's my next bet? Happy to pay around £40.

Thanks again to all of those that have replied.

Use parcel2go.com
although it may cost slightly more

Original Poster

bhara

Use parcel2go.comalthough it may cost slightly more

Its about £70+.

What you do all think of ParcelForce 24, any good?

I try to avoid parcelforce nowadays
They are a bit of a hit and miss depending on your local depot
I know the one in mine alter parcels themselves after a phonecall which they should not be doing at all.
I was lucky i purchased insurance i may have been in trouble

Try DHL they're reliable
Is they're no way to split the parcel up or are you just sending on big unit?

Original Poster

bhara

I try to avoid parcelforce nowadaysThey are a bit of a hit and miss … I try to avoid parcelforce nowadaysThey are a bit of a hit and miss depending on your local depotI know the one in mine alter parcels themselves after a phonecall which they should not be doing at all.I was lucky i purchased insurance i may have been in troubleTry DHL they're reliable Is they're no way to split the parcel up or are you just sending on big unit?

I'll go with DHL, thanks to everyone for their help.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam23
    2. Sad news about Barcelona2077
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764100
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?911

See more discussions