Posting deals that will only benefit a minority of people

Posted 10th Apr
Thoughts on above? If it’s a deal say, with one or two in stock or weird sized clothing that people will no doubt vote cold on as it won’t be of any use to them. I’ve came across a few things at really good prices before but always said nah no point but I’m starting to think otherwise.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
If somebody will benefit by being made aware of this deal (even if it is 1-2 members) then its worth sharing that deal.
21 Comments
Hardly worth posting as a deal if there are only a couple available. Might as well post it here.
Personally I refrain from voting cold unless I think a deal is genuinely not a good deal, I’d still vote hot on something even if it’s not relevant to me if I thought it was a good buy that will be useful for others. That being I wouldn’t post something with only one or two in stock.
Yes post them
joxeruk200010/04/2020 21:42

Hardly worth posting as a deal if there are only a couple available. Might …Hardly worth posting as a deal if there are only a couple available. Might as well post it here.

See I thought similar but a lot of discussions seem to go unnoticed and wouldn’t post a new one every time.
I’d post them. Some people are alerts on for certain keywords, so that deal alert could be the thing that ends up with them getting something they’ve been after for a while
If somebody will benefit by being made aware of this deal (even if it is 1-2 members) then its worth sharing that deal.
ironmaiden7610/04/2020 21:56

If somebody will benefit by being made aware of this deal (even if it is …If somebody will benefit by being made aware of this deal (even if it is 1-2 members) then its worth sharing that deal.

Yes, this is along the lines which has been making me reconsider the idea of not posting something
I wouldn't vote cold on it if the title mentions the fact that there are only a couple in stock or if it's only size XXXS.
Post it IMO, it's a good idea.
It’s called censorship and it’s not attractive. Try to rise above the need to stop people doing things which are not to your taste.
ironmaiden7610/04/2020 21:56

If somebody will benefit by being made aware of this deal (even if it is …If somebody will benefit by being made aware of this deal (even if it is 1-2 members) then its worth sharing that deal.

Pretty much this. But if it is an online deal and there are only 2 or 3 items in stock I have on occasion posted it in Misc as it wasn’t worth posting a deal post and people get annoyed if they click on a new deal post and it is already out of stock...
Who cares what heat it gets if it helps 1 person?

This isn't facebook.
ChelseaRae10/04/2020 21:43

Personally I refrain from voting cold unless I think a deal is genuinely …Personally I refrain from voting cold unless I think a deal is genuinely not a good deal, I’d still vote hot on something even if it’s not relevant to me if I thought it was a good buy that will be useful for others. That being I wouldn’t post something with only one or two in stock.

ChelseaRae11/04/2020 08:12

That’s me

Oh, this you reply to! But when I find our son an awesome bike you can be bothered
JumpMan198011/04/2020 08:16

Oh, this you reply to! But when I find our son an awesome bike you can be …Oh, this you reply to! But when I find our son an awesome bike you can be bothered

Can’t* haha I did actually look at the bike but I’d already ordered one.
Ive done quite abit of low stock stuff in the past, nice to see when it goes out of stock that someones nabbed it! so yeah post them, share them, end of the day its a great site to get some bargains, good community feedback system, some fantastic members ive spoken to and strangely made some good social friends off it, the voting system is desirable because its userfeedback, ive seen some smashing deals on her voted cold and im think why is this cold? that would be right up someones street whos looking for that.
It doesn't actually matter if a deal goes hot or cold, only HUKD cares about the heat, more heat = more clicks = more wonga.
@-Will- I come a across big saving in single sizes often when browsing but don’t post them as I was get even more grief about spamming the site with trainer deals.

To me a big reduction on a men’s trainer in a 5, or 6 is hardly surprising towards the end of sale.

Typical they are the sizes left and can be cheaper to buy them in kids sizes

I was considering making a discussion to pop a all the single / last sizes discounts I come across in discussions.

Here’s two decent discounts I’ve just come across this morning but wouldn’t post as deals.

Vans size 3 £15 plus £3.99 delivery
m.size.co.uk/pro…04/

40427182-gmjps.jpgToddler Nike Air Max 200 now £16.99 plus £3 postage sizes 2.5, 3.5
schuh.co.uk/kid…70/

40427182-ts0E1.jpg
The vast majority of deals posted here are of absolutely no interest to me regardless of price and I'm sure the same is true of most other users.

On that basis virtually EVERY deal will only benefit a minority of people so where do you draw the line?
The only ones that might bothers me are things like:

"I went into my local Costcutter in some remote place and they had a single £10 Easter egg for only 10p! I bought it, but want to let you know...."
Half an hour later, heat of 742 degrees.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions