Posting eBay items when buyer has bought 2

Posted 7th Jan
Hi

A buyer has bought my ski jacket and ski pants in separate items on eBay, paid 2 lots of postage

Can I send them in the same package to save money or could they say that one item hasn’t been delivered?

Do I need to post separately?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Depends on what kind of buyer you think it is
I’d post separate
You don’t know who you maybe dealing with on the other end
Message the buyer?
Post as one, give a small refund if it's cheaper (makes you look good in the eye of the buyer). Although it's often the case that combining packages doesn't actually make it cheaper.

Keep the buyer updated by message whichever you do, people are a lot nicer if they just know why you're doing things.
Post together and message the buyer before sending a refund for at least some of the difference. So if they paid £6 postage and actual cost was £4 I would send them £1 or £1.50 refund due to fees.
If you send both items together and it turns out the postage is quite a bit cheaper return they buyer some of the postage money.

However you might find it isn’t actually cheaper to send them together so you postage price is justified. Or it’s actuality more expensive to send them together so you need to send them
separately
Send in the same packaging and send a small refund of postage to the seller as a gesture of good will
Is there not an option in eBay to combine postage for listings? Maybe I imagined that I used it a few years ago.
If you charged for postage. Remember P&P is about Postage & PACKAGING. It all has a cost. I would normally give a bit of a refund, if it’s warranted. Otherwise stick with the 2 charges. Especially if you use Royal Mail, the cost will likely be shown on the stamp.
Oneday7707/01/2020 11:23

Is there not an option in eBay to combine postage for listings? Maybe I …Is there not an option in eBay to combine postage for listings? Maybe I imagined that I used it a few years ago. If you charged for postage. Remember P&P is about Postage & PACKAGING. It all has a cost. I would normally give a bit of a refund, if it’s warranted. Otherwise stick with the 2 charges. Especially if you use Royal Mail, the cost will likely be shown on the stamp.

I believe the postage combination has to be driven by the buyer, if they request a post and packing quote you get the option to combine. If they just buy things as separate items then the full P&P for both items is applied.
If you post both items in one, and only have one tracking it makes a PayPal claim complicated. I had someone pay for six orders, one after the other, and when they received them they opened claims of non receipt. Luckily I had sent them recorded and had for each order or I’d have been scammed. (I offer free delivery)
If they’ve paid for two lots of postage then send them separately.
Edited by: "choccie32" 7th Jan
I would send buyer separately. You will have more protection in case they claim item not received/missing .
Someone purchased a ps4 controller and 2 football shirts, rather than pay £4 for each item, i bundled all of them in one package and sent then special delivery for £8...he also was happy with that..all the items seemed to get bundled together but postage was originally £12
I'd send as one, but getting certificate of posting or Recorded Delivery or even Special Delivery given that it could be two relatively expensive items (do check how much you will be covered for). Because they have paid separately you will be charged two Paypal fees.
They paid the postage so just send separate. If it’s free postage it’s up to you...
slimy3107/01/2020 11:34

I believe the postage combination has to be driven by the buyer, if they …I believe the postage combination has to be driven by the buyer, if they request a post and packing quote you get the option to combine. If they just buy things as separate items then the full P&P for both items is applied.

It doesn't have to be driven just by the buyer. It just needs to be communicated between the seller & buyer before payment has beenmade. Then you can alter the postage (as a seller) if choosing to combine postage costs with an updated invoice that you can alter on ebay/PayPal.
Can get sticky if they say one item didn't show up or if the whole lot us lost in the post you only have one tracking number.

Personally I have done it both was multiple times and not had any issues but if the items were quite expensive I'd post separately with two separate tracking numbers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions