Groups

Posting glass - getting insurance?

I want to buy something of Preloved and its made of glass (Crystal). As its expensive I dont want to risk it getting broke - its a xmas present. Does anyone know how you can insure glass items in case they get broke in the post? I know most people have glass exclusions on their t&C's. Thanks

3 Comments

Only realistic way is if it's in original packaging, if you use something like foam chips it'll just migrate to the bottom & break.

Aside from avoid the bargain basement couriers like Yodel. If it were me & it's under 2kg I'd go with special delivery with the post office, less time kicking around in a depot etc.

Photograph all packing and how you packed it as they will ask for proof of how if was protected.From past experiences it will get broken so I wouldn't send it all.If you have to claim through Royal mail then expect to jump through many hoops.

Original Poster

Royal Mail wont pay for anything sent with glass in it from previous experience. If some many crystal site out there surely there must be someone who does the insurance? Looking at £200 on used market, £500 new so cant take risk of losing that amount.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions